Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Coolest idea ever.......... >

Coolest idea ever..........

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Coolest idea ever..........

Old 09-12-2006, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Coolest idea ever..........

So this weekend I was at my favorite shooting spot..........the archery barn. This is the place some of you have heard me talk about that has 60 yards indoors, 2 seperate 20 yard ranges, 2 full fita fields outside, and a private 3D course as well outside. Well because of improvements they have going on in the indoor 60 yard range they purchased a 20 foot boom lift..........the kind you can drive around from the basket even while you are up in the air.

My buds Dan, Rich, and I got into the basket and drove around the 3D course all afternoon shooting from 15-20 feet up in the air at targets from directly underneath us out to 60 yards out just for hunting practice with our hunting rigs. You should have seen the neighbors driving by looking at us with the three of us up there with permagrin and bows in our hands. Coolestpractice sessionever............[8D] Wish I had pictures of it but I forgot to bring my camera.

Thought you guys might get a kick out of that........
Old 09-12-2006, 07:12 AM

Default RE: Coolest idea ever..........

now your talkin'

Tim
Old 09-12-2006, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Doesn't Ted Nugent have a deer stand made from a scissors lift? Pretty cool looking if I remember correctly.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:20 AM

Wonderful idea, we have one here at work I need to try out...
Old 09-12-2006, 08:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

That is a fantastic idea. I really would enjoy something like that, it's unique.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

i have to drive a sissor lift daily at work. every time im up there i wish i had my bow lol. mine would be hard to shoot from though..the sides come up to about my chest almost. but could make it work lol.

one thing to keep in mind....check the weight limit. id think mine is a good one..but dont know...but the weight limit is only 500lbs with the platform closed. with it extended i think its only 250lb limit. unless you 3 guys weigh 100lbs each id think your pushing the weight limit. just a piece of warning...not sure if they all have crappy weight limits or not. we use ours at work to get patio sets and stuff out of the high shelves..they dont realize that me or any of the other guys plus a patio set is pushing 500lbs easy...and i notice now its wearing down..not going up like it used to etc...and it could be dangerous..check the weight limit next time your out there...have fun! them things are pretty fun to drive around. id like it to have a little more power and speed..and a better ground clearance and mud tires lol....i wanna take it hunting!
Old 09-12-2006, 09:07 AM
Fork Horn

As matt mentioned.....we had a blast with that lift on the 3D course. It was a totaly unique way to practice all shot angles. Next time we'll be sure to get pics for you guys!!!!
Old 09-12-2006, 09:12 AM

those lift are awsome evertime i see one i like man that would be awsome to have in the woods all camo out[8D]
Old 09-12-2006, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

not too shabby...great idea
Old 09-12-2006, 10:27 AM

Paint it Camo and take it into the woods!

Quick Reply: Coolest idea ever..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.