Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Need some advice >

Need some advice

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need some advice

Old 09-11-2006, 07:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Need some advice

Ok, I need some advice, and I know this is going to cause a bunch of controvercy, but I dont know what to do. I hunt on a small chunk of land,(about 15 acres, with about half of it being CRP, and the othe half being woods). The land owners have been having problems with their neighbor and his dogs, he has 3 dobermans, (call me a sissy or what ever you want, but I do not like dogs, especialy big dogs such as these 3, I was severely attacked by a German Shepherd when I was a kid, and just about died, ) anyways, this neighbor has some kind of vicious animal deal against him because one of his dogs atacked some little girl. Anyways, we thought that he had finally got the hint, and chained up his dogs, and started to keep them on his own land, becouse I hadnt seen them out there for a long time, and I hadnt gotten any pictures of them on my trail camera. Well tonight, I went out to check my camera one last time before the season start this weekend, and there they were, about 50 yards from one of my stands. Now this is my only spot to hunt, and I am to the point, where I dont know if I will fell comfortable hunting out there with these mutts running around.Any advice????? I know for a fact, that if I would have had a gun tonight, neither one of them would have made it home.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need some advice

1. Just carry some of that pepper spray, for bears, with you when you hunt. Two cans if you want to be sure you have enough.

Old 09-11-2006, 08:08 PM
Spike

Talk to the local gamewarden... You might be able to use the Hunter Harrasment deal, or call the local police.. You can't just let dogs run wild, its against the law.. At least it is up here.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hard situation, good advice above. Do what you deem necessary and keep it to yourself.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:27 PM

If they are runnin through someone elses land..talk to the petowner...warn him and tell him to keep his dogs on his property..if your huntin and they cross your path shoot the dang things..you warned the guy and if he took no actions his fault..take the dogs to him and explain..might not be the most humane thing..but itll get it done..
Old 09-11-2006, 08:46 PM
Typical Buck

If there running through those woods I wouldnt even waste my time hunting there unless it gets taken care of. Im sure those dogs will ruin your hunt in no time if they havent already.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:48 PM
Typical Buck

Talk to the owner and then if the problem continues shoot them
Old 09-11-2006, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

It the dogs owner hasn't learned by now it doesnt seem like he is going too. I know what I would do if they came wondering by while I was on stand. If you are scared of being attacked I believe I would carry a pistol or some pepper spray.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

SSS
Old 09-11-2006, 09:24 PM

Beat me Button

Quick Reply: Need some advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.