Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tribute/Allegiance owners WANTED >

Tribute/Allegiance owners WANTED

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tribute/Allegiance owners WANTED

Old 09-10-2006, 12:23 PM

Default Tribute/Allegiance owners WANTED

Well guys, its about time for me to be ordering a quiver for my Tribute. I was wanting to see some pics of Tributes or Allegiances with a Bowtech quiver installed, preferably the one-piece design. Hell, just post a pic if your Tribute/Allegiance hasany quiver mounted at all so I can get an idea of what I want to order.

I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tribute/Allegiance owners WANTED

Here's my quiver of choice for the last six years or so, at least... I could put a lot more expensive quiver on, but this does everything I need it to, as I don't leave my quiver on while I'm in my treestand. The fact that you can buy all thequiver "caddies" you need at something like $7-8 to screw in to the tree is its biggest selling point to me.

Before I even pull my bow up the first time I hang a stand, I screw one of the caddies in to the tree trunk just behind and off to the side of my right hip. Then, if I ever need a follow-up shot or -- in the case that's happened three times so far -- if I get to shoot more than one turkey out of a flock passing by, I can just reach back real quietly and slip another arrow out of the quiver which I mount upside-down on the caddy. That places the arrow perfectly ready to nock...

I've even snapped a few pics ofa few of thecaddies I had handy for ya:

This is what the quiver looks like attached to the tree. Again, the purpose of affixing it upside-down is twofold: Primarily, it's so that when I reach down and back, I pull the arrow out exactly as I need it postioned to nock and be ready to shoot again. This probably takes me about two seconds to do smoothly and quietly. Less importantly, it places the quiver cover facing down so that any deer looking up sees the camo first. I'm not too worried about that, as I believe the arrows (even capped as they are here) are going to appear as nothing more than sticks in their vision...

You can see the little metal spring on the side of that mounting bracket is covered with rust; once I hang a stand and screw the caddy into the tree up there, I leave it until I remove the stand. That's why I've got so many of these laying around. It makes it extremely quiet to get up into a tree, remove my quiver and position it right beside me.

If you really need me to, I can dig my BowTech quiver out (you've seen my room; it would only take about two seconds ), and install it on one of my bows for you. Another reason I like the Kwikee is that I can put a mounting bracket on both my Tribute and Allegiance and just grab the quiver and whichever bow I want to use that day and be off.

If it matters any, when I used to shoot a Mathews, I forked over the $100 or so and bought the matching two-piece quiver; I used it for about a month and bought a matching Kwikee back then as well. I've been using them ever since.

BowTech makes a great quiver, and if they made those matching little screw-in caddies like Kwikee did, I'd be using their quiver. That's the most important thing to me.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

bump for duc
Old 09-10-2006, 09:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Fuse Katana removable, love it.

Old 09-10-2006, 09:22 PM
Fork Horn

Exact same as Rob....no need to duplicate the photo!
Good luck!
Old 09-11-2006, 08:53 AM

Thanks for the pics guys.

Greg, you pretty much sold me on the Kwikee. I am assuming you have the Kwikee Lite 4.That is the kind I woud like to order but they do not have that camo option in Obsession. However, I called the company just to make sure the website wasn't incorrect. The girl said if she could find a hood in Obsession she would swap and I could get the Lite 4 in Obsession.

Rob, I orginally wanted that quiver when I had the Trykon if you remember. I think I will go with the friendly priced Kwikee.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:15 AM

I also screwed a bracket to the side of my Ol man climber so I can just slip it off of the bow and snap it on the side of my treestand. Where can you get the foam insert for this quiver? I guess mine is made for mechanicals???
Old 09-11-2006, 09:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, it's the Light 4... I used to use their six-arrow version, but this 4-arrow looks better with cleaner lines... the six-arrow version wraps the arrows around in a circle and just looks bulkier. I started thinking about all my hunts, and the most arrows I can remember shooting out of one treestand was three (two turkeys and a nice eight-pointer which fell six feet from one of the turkeys )
Old 09-11-2006, 10:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Greg, if you recall back for me, LOL that buck two years ago....ah, mmMm, you know, ah 3 arrows...LOL[&:]

Many many years before that on the last day of the season with 2 doe tags to fill and the last year they allowed multiple kills the same day I shot a doe that came out of the corn. I was pumped when suddenly a second doe came out of the corn and stood where the other one was at 19 yards. I held steady and she ducked the arrow. I thought oh well I have the one and the corn was moving and she came back out, ok, I'll hold low, she didn't duck and I nicked her brisket. She went in the corn and came back out again, I held dead on and complete pass through. 2 deer lay 30 yards from one another. When I got down, all 4 arrows were within a 6" group in the ground. 2 covered in blood.

I still only ever carry 4 arrows to the woods with me. Just thought I'd share that story.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:33 AM

I don't have a Tribute or an Allegiance but I use a Bohning Lynx 4 arrow quiver on my Defender. I use a Kwikee arrow caddy just like Greg to screw into the tree and Bohning sells extra mounts. I like the Bohning quivers better because they use 2 arrow holders instead of the 1 that Kwikee uses. Plus the Camo looks better!

Quick Reply: Tribute/Allegiance owners WANTED

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.