Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rattle Bag vs. Antlers >

Rattle Bag vs. Antlers

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rattle Bag vs. Antlers

Old 09-07-2006, 06:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default Rattle Bag vs. Antlers

I just bought a rattle bag to use so i dont have to carry a big set of antlers with me. Are rattle bags as good as antlers or should i stick with the antlers? Anyone have any comments about this?
Old 09-07-2006, 06:19 AM

Default RE: Rattle Bag vs. Antlers

I thought about buying the bag, but I just really like rattling with my antlers. Plus I never knew if the bag would make a bunch of noise walking to the stand.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:58 AM

i usea bag and am satisfied with it... mine doesn't make any noise going in and is loud... but i was thinking... what if i was to take one of my racks, cut the tines off the main beam and put them in the bag instead of the wood it comes with..... not meaning to hijack your thread
Old 09-07-2006, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

bags work well...make sure your have the hard plastic dowels as opposed to wood...wood when wet swells and the sound just aint there. easy carry with bags...cut up racks should work !!! good thought
Old 09-07-2006, 11:09 AM
Typical Buck

I like to use antlers instead of the bag, Last year the bag kept getting hoels init droping the dowels out. I also like to dangle my antlers from my rope I pull my bow up with on the ground while rattling. I think it sounds more realistic being that the antlers are at ground level. I also like the fact that they will hit brush and leaves doing this also. To each his own.The bag is easier to carry.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

rattle bags are exteremly effective, pocket size and light work well especially during the rut. this is a buck that i rattled in with a rattle bag last fall.

Old 09-07-2006, 03:10 PM

I too have rattled in a buck with a rattle bag; however, he did not come in close enough to let me ave a shot at him.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:38 PM
Fork Horn

No Problem here with the Bag. I dont think the deer can really tell a differacne once the sound travels through the woods.

TP
Old 09-07-2006, 07:19 PM
Typical Buck

rattle bag work well but its a personal choice
Old 09-07-2006, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

I bought a rattle bag two years ago and have rattled in several bucks with it. Arrowed a nice 8 point who came in to see what all the fuss was about. I have never used antlers and chose the bag because I can stow it in my backpack.

Quick Reply: Rattle Bag vs. Antlers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.