Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 practice makes perfect. >

practice makes perfect.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

practice makes perfect.

Old 09-06-2006, 01:52 PM

Default practice makes perfect.

today a very old archer was telling a story a deer coming underneath his stand at five yards and he miss because he did practice that shoot directly underneath the stand. What do you guys think of my really up close form. I made two good shoots doing it. Easy shoot but if you don't know about it, it could bite you. Do you guys practice this shoot? Thanks my fellow bowhunters!!!
Old 09-06-2006, 01:59 PM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: practice makes perfect.

Your form looks pretty good. I can't see in the pic if you have a safety belt on or not. I like to put one around the tree and my waist. That way I can bend at the waist better if I lean on the safety belt. You gotta trust it. Doing this, besides saving your life, allows you to bend easier because you won't feel like you're going to fall out of your stand.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:09 PM

thanks greg i did have a belt on, guess i get to comfortable in those 15 foot ladder stands.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

well i fell 15 ft yesterdays and broke my arm and tore up my shoulder because i didnt have belt on
Old 09-06-2006, 02:13 PM

i'll keep the in mind cougar sorry to hear that. hopefully someway you could get recovered for bowhunting asap.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:20 PM
Dominant Buck

My wife use to think I was crazy. When we first got married, I set up stands in my trees, shot from them, climbed on the house, my office, my shop, the kids trampoline, the dog house, from over the pool. There was not a place or possition I dont shoot from. We have been married for 10 years now, she is use to it. Lucky I live in the sticks, my neighbors think this is perfecly legit behaviour. Like the wise man says, "practice as you play."
Old 09-06-2006, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

agood harness and more bend at the waist
Old 09-06-2006, 09:32 PM
Fork Horn

I like the scenerio ropedawg. I'll have to get out and try it too just for a reminder.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Practiced that a lot after I missed two directly under me my first year bowhunting . I've since decided to just let them get further out. Better chance at hitting vitals and better blood trail.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:18 PM
Typical Buck

everybody knows practice is everythingbut the saying practice doesnt make prefect Perfect practice makes perfect. I think the very close shot is one that gets overlooked alot say with only practicing on dots its ok but switching to a 3d will help a lot

Quick Reply: practice makes perfect.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.