Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Back from Africa >

Back from Africa

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Back from Africa

Old 09-05-2006, 09:41 AM

Default RE: Back from Africa

Huckleberry, am I ever envious! Africa is my dream, and to have the opportunity to take the amount of animals you did -- incredible!

Your photos were great and I have to admit, that Enigma looks a little better there than it did in any of the other pictures I've seen so far.

I suppose the old saying "the proof is in the pudding" applies here.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome.........I'm jelous. I hope to someday hunt africa but I cannot justify going there until I make it for an elk hunt and to Alaska as well.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

iamyourhuckleberry, that was a fantastic read. It felt as though I was right there with you. Your pictures are fantastic.

What a testimony to the new Enigma, you were 28 yards to a lioness on her turf and got the job done. That's incredible. Again, fantastic story and photos.

Be sure to check into your HNI contest team's thread, they've been looking forward to your return. Good luck on elk and whitetails.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys for all the support! I spent two years preparing for this trip. I saved every penny and logged many hours of overtime to make it a dream come true. I need to tip my hat to Mof Venture as well. The package deal he offered my group enabled many of us to get our foot through the door (10 day hunt for $2250. The price included a wildebeest, a warthog, and a eland. The daily fees were waved, but we all agreed we would shoot at least two more game species while there...species of our choice. It just doesn't get any better than that!). His offer is still on the table for those interested. Here's his website: http://www.adansonia.co.za/?Item=118&MenuID=391.

I've been a lot of places and have hunted with many outfitters. Mof ranks right up there with the very best! Can you imagine 8 hunters collecting 65 trophies and only 5% of them did not qualify for the book. That's just unheard of!

As for the Enigma camo.. here's the customer service we all want. I had placed my order with Chuck Pensyl several weeks before departing for Africa. Unfortunitely, the order could not be filled prior to my departure...Wait one minute. Chuck hand delivered my two sets of camos in the lobby of Embassy Suites-Dulles. I was given the product just 30 minutes before I left for the airport. He left Pennsylvania at 3:00 am and drove to Dulles International Airport (Virginia) to make me a happy man! I was impressed! I'd like to see the folks at Mossy Oak do that!

Now, how did the Enigma work in the feild? Simply Outstanding! I felt invisible while hunting. The only animal that continued to bust me was the Gemsbuck. I was able to penetrate every other animal's defensive space easily. Heck, maybethe mamba never even knew I was there (man, I amhappy if that were the case).I even stalked to within 15 yards of three zebras. Sadly, the brush was too thick to get a good clean shot (this is one animal I want terribly! The man that gets one of these critter gets my full respect!). The material never snagged on the wait-a-minute bush (I've had problems with cotton doing this in the past). It was quiet and comfortable to wear. Moreover, it was the perfect weight for the cool mornings and evenings. I would shed the jacket while sitting in the blinds mid-day. And yes, there are some improvements which can be made to the overall design. I look forward to helping Chuck resolve those problems...they are mainly with pocket placement and design. This camo, as designed presently, gets a 9.5 from this hunter! Its customer service gets a perfect10!
Old 09-05-2006, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

That sounds like the trip of a lifetime. I just cant get over the amount of game they have there. One of they days i will get out there and hopefully be as successful as you were.

quick question, what do they do with all the meat, i assume give it to the locals?
Old 09-05-2006, 12:51 PM

Good to have you home again Huck. I know those African critters are glad you are off the continent- they can breathe easier now that the great white hunter has departed.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:48 PM

Dude, that is RICHEOUS!!!! Congrats, man, sincerely! I REALLY can't wait for my Enigma now......That stuff looks awesome in those photos.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

how many arrows did you go through by chance? and broadheads
Old 09-05-2006, 06:25 PM
Typical Buck

WOW! 57 yds with an arrow is amazing to me! Great job!
Old 09-05-2006, 07:00 PM

Looks like you killed about every species over there.

Great pics!

Quick Reply: Back from Africa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.