Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Quiet Bow!!! How can I get One????? >

Quiet Bow!!! How can I get One?????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Quiet Bow!!! How can I get One?????

Old 09-04-2006, 09:17 PM

Default Quiet Bow!!! How can I get One?????

I Shoot a 02'Hoyt Magnatec. I can't seem to get the sound down!!! I was wandering if another set of limb Savers would do any good? If not what will??? Just name some stuff off and maybe I'll see something I haven't tried yet!!!
Old 09-04-2006, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Quiet Bow!!! How can I get One?????

Make sure all your accesories are tight. I usually remove my quiver when on stand cuz it makes a lot of noise and I can't shut it down. Where's the noise coming from?
Old 09-04-2006, 09:50 PM
Fork Horn

Gotta find the noise. Hold the bow inone hand, and hit the riser and the limbs with the heel of your other hand. Listen for the noise. You can usually narrow it down pretty quickly.
I'm not a Hoyt fan, but I think they make quality bows. I'm sure something is just loose, and you can bet its an accessory (quiver, sight, etc.)!
Good luck!
Old 09-04-2006, 09:54 PM

shoot a heavy arrow
put sting puffs on it - big ones

your speed will go down a lot -bu my arrow speed is about 185 fps and it'll kill anything in North America
Old 09-04-2006, 10:07 PM

I'm shooting cabela's carbon hunter arrows. My arrow tip and all weighs 414 grains at 60lbs? Is that not enough. How about if I changed to 125 grain tips? I'm Pretty new at this so if I sound dumb it's because I am!!!!
Old 09-04-2006, 10:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Your arrow weight is fine. Sure a heavy arrow quiets things, but 25 grains isn't your problem. A couple thoughts first off. Bows are quieter set at their higher poundages. I mean if your bow is rated 60-70 it's much quieter at 70 with equivalent arrows. One piece quivers are notoriously noisy, as are things like the spring on a Kwikee Kwiver. Limb saver have to be installed in the right place to help with the sound. Cat whiskers are quieter than string Leeches. Make sure your stabilizer is tight. If you don't have one, add one. Better yet, rather than add more limb savers, add one of their enhancers with a short heavy stabilizer screwed into it. Have someone else listen. Have someone else shoot your bow to see how noisy or quiet it really is.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:23 PM

My bow is a 70# bow I haven't cranked it down because I thoght it would be louder. I have a Kwikee Kwiver on it I don't shoot with the Kwiver on the bow. I have cat whiskers. There is rubber in between every bolt on this thing. Maybe it's just me but I want it quieter.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:29 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm shooting cabela's carbon hunter arrows. My arrow tip and all weighs 414 grains at 60lbs?
My bow is a 70# bow I haven't cranked it down because I thoght it would be louder.
Well which to heck is it set at... 60 or 70. It makes a big difference.
The retaining spring on your Kwickee Kwiver bracket will vibrate drastically even without the quiver in place, maybe more than normal with the quiver removed. Take out the screw and slip some moleskin under it, the retaining clip spring steel. With the quiver still attached, well you'll get all sorts of noise off the arrows and the quiver.

IF your bow is at 60 and you jack it up it may well change your arrow spine enough to make a big difference. But then, you're not sure what it's set at.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:33 PM

Sorry about that. I'm saying it will crank down to 70# but it's set at 60# now.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:43 PM
Dominant Buck

Besides a need to check all the other stuff, you have to realize you have your bow set up to be at it's noisiest. A ten pound increase may be too much for you, but any little bit you can handle would help. THink of it as your strings being looses and flopping around after the shot. An enhancer would help, check your quiver and all that other stuff. People should ALWAyS buy a bow with the goal to end up shooting it at or near it's max poundage. It's more efficient and definitely quieter, assuming you put the right arrow through it with the right head.

Quick Reply: Quiet Bow!!! How can I get One?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.