Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 excellent article >

excellent article

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

excellent article

Old 09-04-2006, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default excellent article

I just read an article written by chuck adams and he had some very good points in there so i thought i would post it

http://www.eastonarchery.com./articles/aluminumaremyfav.asp
Old 09-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: excellent article

Thats a great article Oneshot. Even though I shoot the Acc's his comments will sure make you rethink the situation. Thanks for the post.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

I haven't read it yet and I will take the time to do that however, who do you believe. Remember, Chuck is the spokesman for XX78 Super Slams so what else would he promote, just below his article is one from Randy Ulmer for ACC type arrows, one of the most proficient shooters in the world and then below him is saying carbon is the way to go?

ACC's have never failed me on a target or animals and neither had the carbons I used in the past as well as aluminums. What do we believe when we read up on such things? Before I read the articles I already believe aluminum arrows are probably the best all around hunting arrow however, experience dictates that with close to 80 ft lbs of energy out of all my latest bows, I don't have a problem in that respects. I'll rethink things as I get older and my poundage reduces.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

great point rob i also read Randy Ulmer's article
Old 09-04-2006, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

A very good point. I never have had any problems with my acc's either. That sneeky little %%%%5%%5%^^&^5%^^ I ought to %%$%$$##$%%%%$$%%.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Interesting! I don't personally have a problem with where my carbons hit but don't mind taking him up on the thing. Have seen him different places and wouldn't mind having something to talk to him about just to see what kind of guy he is. Worth a shot. To tell the truth I though this was a very old article. Wouldn't mind looking up some old ones just to see if this isn't a remake.Chuck's recycling.

Way too many animals have been taken with carbons of all kinds to make that big a deal out of the differences between the 2. IMO
Old 09-05-2006, 05:52 AM

That article was an eye opener. I was under the impression that the carbon arrows were leaps and bounds ahead of the aluminum arrows. But then again its hard to believe everything you see on tv or read on the net.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

The article was an eye opener for me too. When it comes to Chuck Adams, I'll drink the kool aid. He has vast experience. Then again, most of his experience is on game much heavier than the whitetails I'm shooting.

I wish he would have addressed the claims that flatter carbon trajectories help to compensate for minor errors in range estimation.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will stick with my ACC's I love them and have never had any problems with them at all. But I will say this in retrospect if easton wants to give me new aluminum arrows every year free of charge then I also will recomend them to everyone. I have taken 12 deer with the same ACC shaft and 11 with another one and both are still in great shape. I must say I have had to refletch both a few times but both are in my quiver again this year.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:11 PM
Spike

I didn't view this "article" as an actual article, but as an endorsement for easton aluminum and for thunderheads. He basically scoffed at all other products aside from aluminum arrows and fixed head broadheads.

Just my opinion. He is still a hero of mine.

Quick Reply: excellent article

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.