Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 WARNING TO ALL FELLOW HUNTERS! >

WARNING TO ALL FELLOW HUNTERS!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WARNING TO ALL FELLOW HUNTERS!

Old 09-04-2006, 12:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default WARNING TO ALL FELLOW HUNTERS!

Went out scouting one of the areas on public ground and came home. After arriving home I felt like I had some crawlers on board so I decided to take a shower. Then I realized I was covered from head to toe with deer ticks. I bet I washed 100 off of each ankle alone. had to shave my head, etc.... Those little things are very difficult to see, about the size of a chigger
Old 09-04-2006, 12:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: WARNING TO ALL FELLOW HUNTERS!

Did you spray down before you went in the deer woods? I got some chigger bites but no ticks. Use deet it works.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:10 PM

A good cold winter w/ lots of snow for a change would certainly be nice. Kill some of them little buggers!!!
Old 09-04-2006, 12:18 PM
Typical Buck

I didn't spray but my brother-n-law did and he was covered too. There are a lot of homes for sale in this area and the rumor is that they are selling because of the high occurence of Lyme disease.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

I am starting to think that maybe some people are more attractive to ticks than others. I've been out with my friend hunting for years now and he can come home with at least 2 or 3 ticks per time in the early season and I never seem to get them. Kind of like skeeters like some people but not others. Just a thought.
Old 09-04-2006, 02:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Rhino gear guys, I sweated my buns off, but it keeps the ticks off of me!!!
Old 09-04-2006, 05:38 PM

If you got one dug in...instead of pickin em and havin the head stay in there..get some tobascco and dab some of that on them..theyll back out on there own..works pretty good
Old 09-04-2006, 06:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Never had one, knock on wood. I like hunting the colder northern hemisphere. I see em on deer but never had one on my person. I've had em on my dogs too....damn things.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:16 PM
Typical Buck

Alcohol makes them pull their heads out also. I just turn the bottle upside down on the tick for a minute. I had never seen a deer tick in my life till this year.

I seen some baby rabbits while riding my ATV with my GF. I ran one down for her and we played with him a minute then I let him go. I found the deer tick on my hand and killed it. I guess thats what is was. It looked just like a regular tick, but alot smaller and gold brown colored.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Sounds like to me you got into a nest of chiggers. That doesn't sound like deer ticks to me.

Quick Reply: WARNING TO ALL FELLOW HUNTERS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.