Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

question

Old 09-02-2006, 04:08 PM

Default question

ok so im having surgery on a tear in my labrum.(shoulder) here pretty soon. im worried that i wont be able to bow hunt at all this year. they say that recovery is 3 to 6 mounths. but i start rehab right after the surgery. my question is has anyone had this surgery and how long was it before you were able to hunt again. and my second question is for any surgeron if one looks at this, is it possible for shooting my bow to be a rehab exersise. its very easy for me to pull it back. im in high school and i cant play football this year because of it, and if i have to miss all of bow season that will just kill me.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:08 PM

Default RE: question

Good luck. You may be a good canidate for a crossbow this year.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: question

My daughter is a gymnast and a couple of girlsat her gymhave had that surgery. I am sorry to inform you but I'd say your out for the season. But I know Dwight Schu had it right before season and learned to shoot with his good arm and a mouth tab attached to the string. If you start practicing now you might get good enough by late season.Best of luck.