Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 what was your first deer with a bow >

what was your first deer with a bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
doe
41.24%
or buck
42.27%
didnt get one yet
16.49%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

what was your first deer with a bow

Old 09-02-2006, 03:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: what was your first deer with a bow

I shot a yearling doe as my first bow kill back around 1977 in Bradford Co Pa. I was sooo happy with myself, it might as well beena big buck. I'll remember for as long as I live.Oh yea, I was shooting instinctivly (sp) back then.
Old 09-02-2006, 04:00 PM

Mine was a yearling doe. This will be my third season with a bow. I didnt pick it up untill later in my hunting life.
I have had pretty good luck however, I have taken 4 deer, three does and 1 buck a 4 point to date and I think I killed 4 pigs with my bow last year. Havent seen ole Hartford yet with my bow (maybe this season).
I wish all of you fellow hunters the best of luck this year

squirreldog
Old 09-02-2006, 05:02 PM
Site Buck Guru

First deer was a 6 point, running shot at 15 yds with ceder arrows and sharpen with a file broadheads. An Indian Archery recurve, 35 lbs. I still have the bow. In 1968, I was 12.

Old 09-02-2006, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

mine was a doe . Walked up on her at 15 yards shot her quartering toward me . double lung shot . ran 20 yards and droped and i did it on my birthday. i was so excited
Old 09-02-2006, 05:41 PM

first year of bowhuntin this year. and im confident that i will get at least one doe.
Nontypical Buck

First deer with a bow was a doe. 15 years ago. I was fifteen, and missed her first...she was nice enough to come back and give me another try. Second deer with a bow was the following year...a small 11 pointer.

Second year bowhunting, passed up a doe early in september last year because I thought I had a good chance at a buck and didn't get another shot the rest of the year. Wish I would have shot now, but I'm hunting on some awesome private land and really like my chances this year.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mine was a button buck taken with a Bear Whitetail at 15yds, when I was 18, which was about 24 years ago.

I poured a bunch of doe-in-heat scent on my tennis shoes and walked to a wooden permanent tree stand.

About an hour later, here came the deer, following the scent trail.

My heart was beating out of my chest as I waited for the deer to come those last few yards. Man, was I excited.

Old 09-02-2006, 06:58 PM

I'm from New Zealandand out here we don't have seasons for hunting, well worth the journey for those looking for deer hunting. I was lucky enough to bag a red deer hind on my first ever bowhunting trip, shot a total of three different deer species in my first 5 and a half months of bowhunting.
Old 09-02-2006, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

Mine was a doe that I shot in 1963 with an Indian archery 40# recurve and Fred Bear broad head.

Quick Reply: what was your first deer with a bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.