Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

dillema?

Old 09-01-2006, 12:48 PM

Default dillema?

I have a question, to ensure arrow placement with broadheads, you must practice with them. How do many times can you shoot a broadhead into foam (generally) with out it getting dull? I use replaceable blades, but if I put in new blades, that will change the P.O.I. yes? So I would need to practice again, change the blades. practice/change/practice......... What do you suggest?
Old 09-01-2006, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: dillema?

I use muzzy's and a practice broadhead came with the pack, its basically a broadhead with no sharpened edges. I assume you can buy these separately but I guess I've never really noticed.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use replaceable blades, but if I put in new blades, that will change the P.O.I. yes?
It shouldn't.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would never hunt with a broadhead, that I had put into a foam target. I would change the broadhead or blades and assume the new ones should hit like the old.
You could second guess yourself to death here. But if you shoot enough of the style of broadheads that you do plan to hunt with you will (or should) see a consistancy about them.
This year I'm going with muzzy mx4's I bought 2 packs thats six actual broad heads and 2 practice broadheads. I shoot with 3 broad heads and 2 practice heads. I mix and match them on different arrows and they all hit accurately. The 3 remaining brand new ones willbe in my quiver, with confidence,opening morning.