Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What do you like the most? >

What do you like the most?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you like the most?

Old 08-31-2006, 02:27 PM
Typical Buck

Default What do you like the most?

I was just wondering what aspect of hunting everybody enjoys the most. I for one like getting out on a cold morning where you can see your breath, and the sunrise. I don't even care if I harvest a deer, seeing them in their natural environment is something else. I still remember my first year of deer hunting and the feeling that I got from being out there, in the fresh air. Something about the cold weather sets it apart from the early season for me. In the warm weather I usually hunt the morning and afternoon. It is only on the colder days that I have sat all day. Must be a northern thing liking the cold . But the cold mornings with a slight wind are what I enjoy the most. The air seems more crisp and fresh. Once the snow hits it really makes for some good stalking. My first year out I had a doe about 60 yards away from me on the last day of the season..I slowly crept up in fresh powder that was just about to my waist. I got to within 25 yards and was getting ready to draw when a lady in the farmstead that I was by started yelling for her dog. The deer trotted off slowly, didn't harvest a deer but I can still play every little detail out in my head.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What do you like the most?

I agree. You can't beat a cold morning in the northwoods. I like cold weather hunting over warm weather any day.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:33 PM

a nice cool spring turkey hunt...dont get much better than that.. specially once they start gobblin
Old 08-31-2006, 08:35 PM

can i say everything?
Old 08-31-2006, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

My favorite part is having a deer get in within 20yds--knowing I'm gonna get a shot off.Whether I shoot or just decide to watch(which I do most of the time),I know I beat that deer on his own turf.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:30 PM
Typical Buck

Just being in the woods with no phone to answer, no wife around, no kids and just ME! ha, ha Finally some peace and quiet. That's why during the slow times of the day, there's nothing I like better than tightening up that safety harness and kicking back in the climber to take a short nap. lol
Old 08-31-2006, 09:40 PM
Fork Horn

I don't know if it's the sound of leaves crunching under hooves or the hair raising gobbles of spring.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:45 PM
Fork Horn

hunting season is the only time of my life where I enjoy getting up at 5 in the morning and gettin my boots on. What anti's don't know is that most hunters love just the fact of being in the outdoors. Just watchin that sun come up or go down gives me a magical feeling. CANT WAIT TILL OCT 1!!!
Old 08-31-2006, 10:01 PM

I cant agree more with all of you its just good to get out there in the cold and snow and sit and watch, maybe its something primal inside of me but its almost like you become one with the wilderness and outdoors, (Oh no I think i might be talking like uncle Ted now) But anyway its just an unbeleivable experience that nothing else can come close to, on my second or third hunt when i was 14 or 15 i had a fawn come up to me while i was sitting on a down log in the fence line it was so close that i could have reached out and grabbed it, that is one memory that I will never forget.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:02 PM

The adrenaline.

Be it from a turkey gobbling at first light, from the footsteps of a deer crunching through the fall leaves, or an elk bugling in your face.

The adrenaline rush is what keeps me looking forward to each new season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.