HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Colored String Issue (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/154191-colored-string-issue.html)

statjunk 08-30-2006 07:46 AM

Colored String Issue

Just thought I would post this as a warning. I bought a new string for my bow recently and I chose to go with a colored string. I have to say that the colors are very distracting when I shoot. If I had it to do over again I would go with a black string.

Just letting everyone know so they don't make the same mistake I made.

Tom

wis_bow_huntr 08-30-2006 07:47 AM

RE: Colored String Issue

heres a good question, what are the pros and cons of colored strings. I cant find any other than looks.waste of money.

BGfisher 08-30-2006 08:03 AM

Colored or not, if you pick a string material it's all the same. It's just a way of personalizing a bow for most. As for cost, I've never seen a cost differential whether black or colored. I don't think any deer can see the difference either as they supposedly see things in shades of grey anyway.

hvyhitter19 08-30-2006 08:33 AM

All preference... And it only matter when taking your trophy pictures...:DIt's all about the look at that point...

mauser06 08-30-2006 09:33 AM

what colors did you go with and how did it distract you?? just curious so we know what to shy away from

statjunk 08-30-2006 09:36 AM

I didn't pay any extra for them. I would say a waste because they reflect back into my eye more. I'm going to see if I can have the bow shop cover the string near my peep with black string.

Tom

gibblet 08-30-2006 11:55 AM

that's a new one on me. if you get some of the black lightning silicon wax, it will definately dull the string down for you.

bigbulls 08-30-2006 12:50 PM

New one for me as well. What colors did you get? Flourescent or something bright?

Brown and black, Brown and green, bronze and kiwi, green and gray,etc... would all be good choices.

Two or three colored strings make it much easier to split the string in half when installing peeps and they also make it much much easier to keep up with the number of strands you rotate around the peep and which side you took them from when you are trying to get your peep sight oriented perfectly.

Same when you install leeches. Just split the two colors.

Much easier than counting strands of a single color string to get an even number on each side.

TxStarr 08-30-2006 01:05 PM

And here I was already planning on replacing my string with pink string to match my Muzzys!!! :D:D

statjunk 08-30-2006 01:17 PM

I went with orange and blue. The blue is on the brighter side. So yes too bright! I'm going to ask them to use the wax. Thanks for the tip.

Tom