Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

wild view

Old 08-29-2006, 02:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default wild view

has anybody ever used these? Wally World has them for sale at 59 dollars,,I was just thinking that if they take a good enough picture to tell what you are looking that I would snag up the two they had left...then I would have a camera for both areas I am going to hunt.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: wild view

they are alright. The deer needs to be close, the flash is really weak. But it takes decent pics. Also set it up where a deer will stand of come at the camera cause walking broadside past it you'll miss a bunch.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

tkycaller here on HNI is having great luck with his....I have a coworker that is having less than good luck with his...
Old 08-29-2006, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

I had one and took it back. Reaction time wasnt quick enough but I guess if you had a salt lick it would work.......
Old 08-29-2006, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a .3 Wildview. It takes Good photos in the day time but nite shots only have a 15ft flash range, The deer has to be really close to get a decent photo at nite,

There is no date or time stamped on the photo, so you will have to guess what time it was taken. Yes, the trigger time is really slow so you must set it in areas where a deer will linger and not walk by.

I will show you some examples of photos taken with mine.

Old 08-29-2006, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

another

Old 08-29-2006, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here are a few nite shots

Old 08-29-2006, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

another

Old 08-29-2006, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Wildview Extreme II. It works better than the wildview.
My father boughtthe Wildviewand it takes some good pics for the money but the other day I pulled the card and had 755 pics with only a couple deer. The rest where false triggers. It also does not give the time or date as windwalker7 has said in his post. I would go for the Wildview Extreme II just for the times and date. Sportsmans guide has them for 89 if you are a member I think Cabelas also has them for this price.I always try to point the camera to the north to help prevent false triggers from the sun.

Old 08-31-2006, 07:47 AM

I like my Wildview Extreme II a lot. Think it takes nice pics for the money (paid $99 plus $30 for a memory card). If I have one beef, it is the slow trigger time. But throw down a salt block or put it near a food plot. Here is an example of the decent quality pics you get for the price.

Quick Reply: wild view

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.