Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Favorite Flashlight >

Favorite Flashlight

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Favorite Flashlight

Old 08-29-2006, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default Favorite Flashlight

What's everybody's favorite flashlight(s) to take into the field?

I take a camo miniMag and an energizer LED headlamp into the woods. I also keep a big Maglite andrechargable lantern back at the truck. And I ALWAYS make sure to carry spare batteries.

Old 08-29-2006, 02:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Favorite Flashlight

I have the one that you crank by hand and it charges it..won't even need batteries so that is a plus on the long tracks..
Old 08-29-2006, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

i like hands free so ive been using the streamlight headlamp green l.e.d. light.i forget the model but its like 30$. those l.e.d. lights can go almost a whole season without changing batteries. i love them!
Old 08-29-2006, 02:24 PM

My mini-maglite and I love it... Looking at a led headlamp though.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:30 PM
Fork Horn

Gotta go with a Maglite too, been using them for years and always work well.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:31 PM
Site Buck Guru

I only use a flashlight when I'm blood trailing a deer after dark. The one I use is a Streamlight Scorpion. Wow is that thing bright. It is brighter than every big flashlight I've ever seen. Being an electrician, I carry this light every day at work. Almost everybody that I work with carries a light. These are the brightest. There is a price to pay for using this light... It eats batteries! It uses two camera photo cells at $8 a piece! They only last 2 hours of constant use. If left on in its holster, it will burn a hole through its case and your shirt. Oh yeah, it will blister the lens also. You really have to get used to this one for every day use. The main reason I continue to use it is because I have a never ending supply of batteries.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:50 PM
Typical Buck

I purchased a styless pen style that hooks right to your hat, it seems to work pretty good for me..
Old 08-29-2006, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a mini mag fan, but I just got an LED light that has one red LED and 5 white ones. I put a lanyard on it to wear around my neck, so I plan to use the one red one pointed down to walk in, and the white ones only if needed. I'll keep my mini mag in my pack though
Old 08-29-2006, 04:20 PM

I carry a Streamlight Stylus (green led) and Streamlight Twin Task (green and white LED)

The Stylus is good for sneaking through the woods. I walked right up within five feet of a group of deer in the dark using it.

The twin task is for when I get lost on my way in or out [&:]
Old 08-29-2006, 04:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Trembow

I carry a Streamlight Stylus (green led)

The Stylus is good for sneaking through the woods. I walked right up within five feet of a group of deer in the dark using it.
This is exactly what I use and have for years...the batter just won't fail...

Now for tracking I have larger back up lights for after dark. They stay in the truck or at home....

Quick Reply: Favorite Flashlight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.