Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ladder Stand Set Ups... >

Ladder Stand Set Ups...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ladder Stand Set Ups...

Old 08-29-2006, 08:58 AM

Default Ladder Stand Set Ups...

How do you guys set up your ladder stands. They are so heavy and off balance that you can blow a disc trying to put them up. I got it done, but there has to be an easier way. What do you do to make it easier?
Old 08-29-2006, 09:16 AM

Default RE: Ladder Stand Set Ups...

get more than one person to help you
Old 08-29-2006, 09:27 AM
Typical Buck

And try to use the tree for leverage as you slide the ladder section together, pushing the top actual standing area up. You can usually find one side of the tree that will work (fairly straight and no limbs) and then spin the stand into the position you want it.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

I dont have any problems setting up my 15foot ladder stand. I put the stand together, i facen the fron down on the ground i lif up the top of the stand and walk the stand up against the tree then adjust it to the level of lean i wantit. I have never had any problems with mine.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Mine only weighs 50 lbs. , but if I have trouble standing it up and don't have someone to help me I'll throw a rope over the branch immediately above my selected spot and haul the seat end up with it . The rest should be easy .
Old 08-29-2006, 09:54 AM

A 15 foot ladder isn't much of a problem for one guy. Assemble the whole thing, then pick it up and stand under the platform. Drag the bottom feet as you pick it up and move the platform up the tree. It will take a few minutes but you can always stop and rest. Make sure you use a safety belt when strapping it to the tree.

A 20 foot ladder is easier with 2 guys because of the added weight and length. Again, use a safety belt and have your buddy hold it as it will bend a lot more than a 15 foot until you put the braces against the tree.

It is easier to set them up before the season and take them down when it's over. If you are trying to do it on the same day, you will be tired.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you are by yourself and can't get any helpand it is one of the relatively light 15 footers out there. Build it flat on the ground with the bottom of the ladder approx. where it will go when the stand is erect. Attach all fasteners. Pick it up at the top of the ladderwhere the platform starts and lift it as high as you canthen carefully go handunder hand on the ladderrungs(like you were climbing down)until the stand is leaning firmly against the tree. Make sure everything is slid together tightly as the platform and seat can be awkward and you don't want anything coming apart with you under it. Realistically this is not the safest way but we have 10-15 of these stands on our farm and I had lots of practice. I still suggest some help if at all possible.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

My brother and I both use the Big Game Two-Man Partner stands. These things are ungodly heavy and also the top section is so big that it really makes it tough to get them up. He and I are both big guys, played football, strong, all that stuff, andI thought we were going to have to go to the hospital for hernia repair after putting them up. There really is no good way, just grunt and swear and get it up there. Doing it with two people is definitely the best option.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:41 PM
Dominant Buck

I just thought of something , nearly all of us have a deer hoist , use that .
Old 08-29-2006, 01:54 PM
Typical Buck

I have a very heavy 15 foot stand and it takes 2 people to get it set up. I like the idea of the hoist if you're by yourself though.

Quick Reply: Ladder Stand Set Ups...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.