Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I got my new, well new to me, bow !!! >

I got my new, well new to me, bow !!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I got my new, well new to me, bow !!!

Old 08-28-2006, 09:09 PM

Default I got my new, well new to me, bow !!!

Oh boy today I purchaced a Hoyt Magna Tec, I finally got the wife convinced that I needed this hoyt. I am so excited to get it in the mail I dont know what I am gonna do with myself this week until I get it. I do have one question, the guy I bought it from said that he wanted to keep the stabilizer that was on it cause he liked it, how big of a stabilizer will I want to get. I am just gonna hunt with it. So I know that I dont want a huge one. Thanks for the help everyone and here are some pics of the bow.

Old 08-28-2006, 09:21 PM

Default RE: I got my new, well new to me, bow !!!

Personally, I think you should probably wait till the have the bow on hand so you can start trying to test out different stabilizers.

Even for hunting, a bow might balance out well with a "longer" style stabilizer.

But in the end, it is still up to personal preference.

If you are looking to just absorb shock and vibration, Sims S-Coil is a pretty decent buy.

If you are looking for balance along with shock and vibration elimination, you might have to extend your search as the S-Coil may be too short to balance your bow to your liking.

Remember, what feels the best is ultimately the best (for you), no matter what advertisement say.

Bols