Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 TruGlo Tritium/ Fiber Optic Pins >

TruGlo Tritium/ Fiber Optic Pins

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

TruGlo Tritium/ Fiber Optic Pins

Old 08-28-2006, 08:43 PM

Default TruGlo Tritium/ Fiber Optic Pins

Anyone on here use/try these TruGlo Tritium/ Fiber Optic Pins?
They sell for $19.99 for one pin and the TruGlo Pro Dot Pins are $5.99 and the TruGlo Pro Wrap Pins are $6.99each. Was wondering how they were made and are they as bright as they claim to be?
Thanks
Old 08-28-2006, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: TruGlo Tritium/ Fiber Optic Pins

I was going to put one of the TFO pins on my Viper sight but was very disappointed in the brightness. I can't speak for the other pins but typically Tru Glo has some of the brightest fibers out there.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:50 PM

Thanks Mike, I appreciate any and all information. I am still using the old slotted sights with the pins and want to get "lighted" fiber optic pins to replace the old pins.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Personally, I am not a big fan. In the archery industry you generally get what you pay for. I'm not saying spend $100 on sights, but I wouldn't buy one for under $40 at least. I'm the kind of person who does tend to spend about $100 on sights, but I understand that not too many people can do that, or afford it. I would suggest you try to maybe save up and buy something a little better, or if you have to buy that sight and work with it. Whatever you do I'm sure all will work out for the best. Best of luck to you.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

i wondered why they make tritium pins. good idea......if you shoot at night. isnt that what they make "night sites" with for handguns?? if so it would be a whitish greenish in color....glowing soft greenish at night...i guess if you shoot late it would be a good choice...they glow ALL night..i dont think they need "charged" from artificial light or anything and dont think they quit glowing..

i have a tru glow extreme 5 wrapped pin site. has a glow in the dark ring. them pins are BRIGHT. i went down to my dark basement and could STILL see the diffrent colors of the pins...only light was pretty much from the glow in the dark ring. i was amazed i could still see them it was practically black. when shooting in the sunlight etc i dont have any OVERLY bright problems though. they are .029. for the money i think they are a pretty nice sight.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:46 PM

A member just recently shared this link with us. Whoever it was, thanks.

Check these guys out. I haven't used their products but may try them in the future.

http://www.fitzfiber.com/

[EDIT] Sorry, I didn't read close enough, I thought you just wanted fiber optic. Not the special pins. Maybe it will help you out anyways.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:45 AM
Site Bouncer

I use Tru-Glow Sights. I have an older model Eye.Site4000 on one bow and a newer model Eye.Site5000 on another. Both are all metal and both have the Tritium night sights for my 20yrd pin. Theseare great sights for hunting. They will run you around $40.00 to $60.00 with the tritium pin. The 4000 series are more basic than the 5000 series sights in that they have less micro adjustment. I actually prefere the 4000 series over the 5000 because it is lighter and very solid.

The tritium pins need no light source to glow, they glow constantly. If you are shooting over an open field with plenty of natural light source, I don't think you will need them as when you run out of light it's probablyprior to,or past legal hunting hours anyway. But if you hunt in heavy cover youwill find the light will not be as bright in the early hours or late in the evening. This is where theTritium pins really shine(pun intended).

In myopinion there is no need for a 30yardTritium pin because (in my neck of the woods) you will not be able to clearly see your target at that distance when the light is fading.There is nouse in seeing your pins if you can't see your target.....But, up close (20yd and in) they will allow you to hunt just at the start or right up to theend of legal hunting hours while in heavy cover. I havehad situations where I still had approx.10mi +/- of hunting time leftand my 30 and 40 yard pins (regular fiber optic) were dark but my Tritium pin allowed me to make a clean kill.

So if the situation is right, a Tritiumpinned sight can really help you out. And don't worry about Tru-Glo sights if you decide to go that route.Just stick with their higher end sights they will perform very well.As you know, you can also purchase just the pins, theyshould fit most sights on the market that share the same style sight pin set up(Fiber optic posts)

For$20.00 they are not a bad investment, because they will work just like the other pins in the day light yet may just give you that slightly brighterpin when you need it. Do they shine like flashlights, no butthey are bright enough to see through your peep even in pitch black and that's all you can ask for.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have Tru-Glo sights on my 9mm and on my Turkey shotgun. They are excellent. Tru-Glo also has A+ customer service. I don't know how it happened but the front sight on my shotgun broke. I called them and they sent one out. It arrived in three days.

Tom
Old 08-29-2006, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tritium= all night pig hunt pin. It is legal (in TX) to hunt pigs after dark (when the big boys roam) and this pin is a great way not to have to fool with an electric light source when doing so.

I've had 2 for a LONG time now and they are still glowing.

Italways catches me off guard whenI pull my bow from the case in the dark and there the pin is staring at you. OR when pulling the bow up to the treestand in the early morning dark and you look down to see it glowing.

I'd stay with only one 20 pin though, I can't see shooting much past that in the dark.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:29 PM

Thanks guys, you've ALL been very helpful Good luck hunting this coming season and be safe.
UNIONHunter

Quick Reply: TruGlo Tritium/ Fiber Optic Pins

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.