Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Diamond bow owners >

Diamond bow owners

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Diamond bow owners

Old 08-28-2006, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default Diamond bow owners

I'm looking for opinions on the Diamond Triumph bow or Diamond bows in general. I have over $300.00 in gift cards at Bass Pro and have settled on this bow. For the money it's faster than most and quite, but I am not that familiar with the company. Anybody out there have one? This will be my first new bow since 1990. I have an OLD faithfull XI Flatliner!
Old 08-28-2006, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Diamond bow owners

I myself have looked at the Diamond Triumph.

From what they told me at Gander Mountain, Diamond Bows are the single cam bows of Bowtech and the bows that carry the Bowtech name are the binary cam bows. Both are made by Bowtech.

This is what the guy at Gander Mountain told me.

Maybe someone in here can varify this?
Old 08-28-2006, 06:37 PM
bigcountry

I did a comparison of my 04 bowtech liberty vft to the diamond liberty and the cams are different, draw wasn't as smooth. Looked as though several other items were too. To be honest I never shot them, but had to take the proshop owners advise that they were not the quality of the other single cam 04 bows, and are thecost reduced version of the older bows.

Old 08-28-2006, 06:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

The only reason I don't own a Triumph is that the dealer sold out last year the day before I was ready to buy. That was my good luck because he sold me the Victory at the Triumph price. I am a very satisfied owner. I enjoy shooting this bow and I am very confident in it. It is plenty fast, quiet, smooth and shock free. It is also made by Bowtech so the lifetime warranty is well backed although you probably won't need it. A good choice for me.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

nybowhunter, the Diamond line is an absolute incredible bang for your buck. Diamond is wholly owned by BowTech, and is used more as a channel to reach the broader market with a quality product at a good price point.

The Diamond line often inherits what is typically technology that was first introduced with BowTech. In some cases, actual bows have been retained after being showcased in the BowTech line, with good examples being the Liberty and the Victory. The Liberty maintained its same moniker in shifting from the BowTech to the Diamond line, while theVictory was the ever-popular and best-selling Patriot.

If I weren't sponsored by BowTech and was looking to buy a brand new bow on the market today -- and wanted the absolute best bang for my buck -- I'd take a very hard look at the Diamond Victory.

Old 08-29-2006, 07:03 AM

nybowhunter
Last year I bought a Martin Prowler SE, loved the bow and used it one season, I was showing my brother my bow and he accidentily dry fired it and I ended up with a cracked limb. Long story short, wasnt going to have time to get it fixed before bow season opened and I just recently purchased a Diamond Triumph. I absolutely love this bow, its lite and quiet and pretty fast. I am very happy with this bow and I did some reviews thru the internet and havent read anything bad about the bow, most people really like it. The only drawback that may be of concern, they have string silencers on the bow that do not last very long(rubber), I took one of them off that was ripping and some of my serving on one of the cables looks a little frayed, nothing the bow shop cant fix though. hpe this helps..geo
Old 08-29-2006, 05:18 PM
Typical Buck

I liked the Triumph because it is faster than most bows inhe $450-$500price range. The Justice is the same bow with a different cam. It's smoother to draw but it's not as fast. Triumph is rated 308-316 vs 286-294 for the Justice. Since I have such an old bow, I thought the Triumph would work for me because it's a huge upgrade from my old bow. Looks like I'll have one in a few days, thanks for the help!
Old 08-30-2006, 07:55 AM

i bought a diamond rapture last year and love it. no problems at all.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:13 AM

I own a pre-Bowtech Diamond Gladiator single cam (328 IBO) with a speed module and a ez-draw module that can be swapped w/o a press. IMHO the original Diamond bows (Gladiator, Machete, Widowmaker) were/are a top notch pro-shop bow that gave nothing away to other top shelf bows. The new Diamond linetook a step down once Bowtech bought them but they are still a decent bow. Bowtech actually used the Diamond speed/ez-draw module technology in their new line of bows once the bought Diamond a few years ago. Personally, I think the best bow in the new Diamond line is the Liberty.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have shot all of the bows in the Diamond lineup as the local shop carries them. I think they offer excellent shooting characterisitics (noise level, accuracy, speed) for the price. Quality of construction is also top notch and you have to consider the fact that you are getting a top of the line bow for a good $100-$150 off the price of many of the pro shop only bows on the market. As Greg made reference to the Diamonds are basically Bowtech model bows from two years ago.....much the same thing as Hoyt does with Reflex.

The Diamond Triumph was my hunting bow last year and the Justice will be my hunting bow this season.

Quick Reply: Diamond bow owners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.