Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Hunt all day without ("the hell with lunch!")
4.83%
Hunt all day, but take a snack
37.93%
Eat a full lunch out in the woods
21.38%
Head back to the truck or camp for lunch
34.48%
Wait until you kill lunch
1.38%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Lunch

Old 08-28-2006, 02:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Lunch

on days I attempt to sit all day I take many granola bars, apples and pop tarts. Along with water. I'd die without food up in a tree. Tip-if you do take food that has wrappers, take them all out of the wrappers at home and put em in those zip lock containers. Quiet and keeps em from getting squashed in your pack.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:33 PM

I take alittle trail mix and water and plan on staying all day if needed
Old 08-28-2006, 03:47 PM

If I plan on hunting all day I have to take a full lunch. My metabolism works so fast that if I don't eat I get light headed after awhile.

PB&J works well, peanut butter is something that sticks with you plus it'll give you an energy boost. I generally take some trail mix or something like that to munch on in the late afternoon. Candy bars work well to ease the hunger pains.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

When I go hunting , I'm out all day so I pack a full lunch with me.
I have a sandwich with some chips or something like it and a thermos full of soup and another one full of coffee.
I'll put some snack stuff like jerky or hunting stick and some sweet stuff like those mini candy bars.
When it's time to break for lunch my buddies and I will get together and go a way from our stands and eat / drink and talk about the morningevents and shighting's if any .
Old 08-28-2006, 04:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I eat right up in the ole tree. Cheese and Mayo sandwiches. Keeps me pluged up so I don't have to go dooky. I wouldn't reccomend it to you boys though because when the earge does hit its like giving birth to a Horned Owl.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:35 PM
Fork Horn

I take those natural granola bars that come two to a pack and are very hard. They give me a big kick in the butt after freezing my butt off all morning. :-) They give me lots of energy to get back to the truck to run to burger king. :-) J/K. I'll go out to lunch if I'm hunting squirrel. I'll even go out to lunch if I'm hunting deer before gun season. After gun season I tend to stay in the stand or in the woods all day. During the rut I stay out all day too.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY
I eat right up in the ole tree. Cheese and Mayo sandwiches. Keeps me pluged up so I don't have to go dooky.
Going dooky is not something you want to do during a bowhunt. Great job planning ahead!
Old 08-28-2006, 05:17 PM

I snack on snickers bars, home-made beef jerky (gun season only) and I have a bottle of water handy.

I usually meet my father halfway between his stand and mine for lunch. We sit up on a rather large rock and quietly trade stories of the morning hunt.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:50 PM

I'll usually just take a candy bar and trail mix with a couple bottles of water. It's kinda wierd how when I'm at work I get pretty hungry and I'm constantly watching the clock for break, but when I'm hunting I can stay in the tree all day and not get that hungry. Sometimes I'll even forget to eat any of the stuff I bring anyway.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:06 PM

To tell ya'll the truth, I never get hungry when in the field. Just to concentrated.

Quick Reply: Lunch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.