Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Great. I need a new rest. >

Great. I need a new rest.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Great. I need a new rest.

Old 08-27-2006, 04:06 PM

Default Great. I need a new rest.

So, shortly after shooting the video I posted moments ago, I noticed that the prongs onmy Quicktune 2000 rest were able to spin an entire 360 degrees.

It seems that the screw inside the rest that kept it from spinning and stopped it at the same point everytime has fallen off somewhere. Can I replace it? Probably.

Do I want to? No. I'm not going to replace that one piece just to have it fall off again. I'd rather just replace the entire rest with something a bit more reliable. Could I have prevented it? Probably, but it was a piece that you never even noticed was there until it was gone. Not something you would think of tightening down.

It figures that this would happen now since season opens next Friday and I'm out of work and have no income with which to buy a new rest. [:@]
Old 08-27-2006, 04:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Great. I need a new rest.

Simple fix to a monetary problem, get a new screw and Loc Tite.....or, bite the bullet for a new rest. There are worst problems that could have happen...good luck.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:46 PM

Yeah Rob, more than likely I'll just replace the screw. The only problem with that is that its not a regular screw, its a bit different. I've tried all the small screws I have and nothing fits. Its crazy.

Worst case scenario is I miss part of the early season and have to buy a new rest. It's not the end of the world, it just irritated me when it first happened.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

E-mail The company and they'll send you a new part,probably for free. When the set screw on my cobra sight stripped out the sent me a whole new block with toolless adjustment knobs instead of the allen wrench type.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

What handed are you? If your left I have 3 of those rest. If you can not find a screw I will over night one to you!! I have a bunch!!
Old 08-27-2006, 05:03 PM

Ah, I'm right handed Ghemry! I do appreciate the offer though.

Stripped an old hard drive and found a screw inside there that will work for now. As soon as I get back to work I plan on replacing this rest though.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: ghemry

What handed are you? If your left I have 3 of those rest. If you can not find a screw I will over night one to you!! I have a bunch!!
Just another reason why I love this site and respect my fellow bowhunters....for the most part, it's great guys like this that make me forget the jerks.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:19 PM

Absolutely Rob. Bowhunters are some of the greatest people I've had the pleasure of knowing.

Well,I got the rest fixed and i shortened my draw length an inch like someone in my Form Video thread suggested, here are the results. Mind you this is my first time shooting since my accident.

The shot in the center of the bullseye bounced off the nock of the next arrow up. The highest arrow is a Muzzy with practice blades.

Busted a nock off inside that arrow. Bummer, eh?

This is all at 20 yards, but its the farthest I can shoot in my back yard. Not exactly where I want everything to be, but not too bad.

Old 08-27-2006, 06:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nice shooting, glad to hear about the rest. If you need extra just left me know. I have piles of archery stuff, LOL

Old 08-27-2006, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

That is why I prefer rests with a one piece launcher.
I havehad the small set screws vibrate loose, my launcher prong turn,and had to resight my bow. [:@]
Know of one famous archer who lost a major tournamrnt because a set screw loosened and his prong turned.

Sag.

Quick Reply: Great. I need a new rest.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.