Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Form Video

Old 08-27-2006, 04:02 PM

Default Form Video

So, rather than the same old same old pictures that always get posted, I decided to snap a quick video while I was shooting in the backyard today. Photobucket killed the video quality, but it still works.

Take a gander and see what you think. I've had to modify my grip a tad as the "leather" onthewrist sling I had rotted and broke apart. You'll notice I make a loop around the grip with my index finger and thumb so that the bow doesn't fall away.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v79/CVBears2006/?action=view&current=DSCF0336.flv
Old 08-27-2006, 04:10 PM

Default RE: Form Video

It looks like your leaning back and then your head is leaning into the string. It looks like if you shortened up your DL a tad, you could straighten your back and get in more of a straight line.

Here's a pic of my form...I'm not saying that it is perfect or anything close to perfect but it seems that you look a bit uncomfortable in that position.

But hey if your shooting good, you'll be plenty good to get one in the vitals and thats all that matters.

Old 08-27-2006, 04:16 PM

I've noticed the lean too,but the only problem with shortening it little bit is that a little bit has to be an entire inch.

This Jaguar came with the olderZ-Cams and because of that the drawlength has to be changed one inch at a time. I can't just shorten it by a half inch. I've got my d-loop as small as I can and the head of my release is as short as it gets.

Aside from shooting directly off the string, I can't figure out what else I could do tomake upfor it.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:22 PM

Well besides twisting strings and cables and throwing everything else out of whack at the same time, the only thing I could suggest is to buy a bowtech with 1/2" adjustment and moveable drawstop peg. You can get it just perfect.

All kidding aside, maybe someone else can come through and offer a better suggestion.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try the inch adjustment. Why not? You can always lenghten your loop if need be by a little. Shorter draw length is better than too long.
I like the way you do not grab the bow upon release as so many others do, including myself before I went to rolling my fingers back and resting them on the side of the grip, Except for the index and thumb which wrap around the grip at the top.

Old 08-27-2006, 04:36 PM

mo......are you english? or is it a longhorn thing? either way, you need some work on that release hand - and your bow shoulder.

wa, straighten up a bit...
Old 08-27-2006, 05:57 PM

You need to stand up more straight, but you may just have bad posture to begin with. Your draw length may be a tad long as well, if you are shooting a loop you could ditch it, that would shorten it up a bit.

And you slap the trigger something fierce! I have the some problem though.

I agree, I would try shortening it up an inch and shooting that way for a while. You look sort of stretched out. Then consiously focus on standing straight. And you need to spend some time blind bale shooting with that release. Do you have target panic at all? Like having trouble getting the pin on the target and you punch the release as the pin goes by the dot. Or is that just the way you trigger your release?

Paul
Old 08-27-2006, 06:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

I just think you need to eat more[8D]LOL
Old 08-27-2006, 06:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: ghemry

I just think you need to eat more[8D]LOL
I don't know if it's a team mate thing but I was thinking the same thing when I watched the video...LOL...time to beef up WH..
Old 08-27-2006, 06:27 PM

I knew I'd get a comment about being skinny. I honestly can't put on any mass, no matter how much I eat or work out. But yeah yeah.

Well I shortened my draw length and inch like you guys suggested, I'm down to a whopping 26" draw.

I haven't recorded a new video yet to check on the lean, but it did feel like I might have been standing a bit straighter. My left shoulder got a bit fatigued after about a dozen shots though, I didn't notice it doing that before with the longer draw.

Paul, I don't know what it is about the release, I don't have any noticable target panic. I think it's just the way I hit the trigger. I wish I could adjust the pull on it, its pretty stiff. I'll make an effort to fix that though and see if it helps out at all.

Quick Reply: Form Video

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.