Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pre Season Oooops! >

Pre Season Oooops!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pre Season Oooops!

Old 08-27-2006, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Pre Season Oooops!

My friend and I wanted to get some tree stand practice in from our respective climbers, not from the penthouse tree platform built at our club.We shot at a block target at various ranges and angles. I wanted to try some shots sitting down, and did well straight out in front of the stand (the bar swings down for an open front.) I had him place the target off to the right, and it looked like my limbs were going to clear the stand from a sitting position, and I let one go. I heard my bow smack the metal on my stand... Turns out the draw length module on my BowTech (infinity cam) hit metal and got nicked. It looks like the edge may have bent slightly in, but barely noticable. I continued to shoot, checking the cable after each shot, and it looks like the serving may begin to wear at that point. I'll have it checked out at the pro shop on Tuesday, thats when I'm signed up to shoot therefor their video league. I hope I can fix or replace it before the season if necessary, I start hunting on 15 September.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Pre Season Oooops!

Sorry to hear about your luck.
But in a way its better that it happened now instead of when your hunting season.
Hope you can fix it before your season starts , good luck to ya and have a safe season.