Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 old compounds...new compounds >

old compounds...new compounds

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

old compounds...new compounds

Old 08-27-2006, 02:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: old compounds...new compounds

I own/use a PSE Buckmaster. Bought it used for about $200Cnd about 4 years ago. Dropped a few deer with it. I will be using it this year as well. Maybe invest in something newer next year.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

there is no doubt in my mind that new equipment makes you shoot better. not because its new but if i went out and spent 1000$ on a new rig im gonna shoot the wheels right off of it.a new bow will bring new interest and more practice means tighter groups. they do shoot alot flatter wich will make you not even flintch about taking a 35yard broadside shot at a deer.. they are better in that respect
Old 08-27-2006, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still use my vintage 1996 Proline Mountain Bow. I've taken many deer with it.

I had a PSE Baby G When they first came out but didn't like it and sold it.

I know what you mean about getting that itch for something new. I've been looking at new bows too but I am having a hard time trying to justify that kind of money.

I haven't shot any of the new bows and I'm afraid if I do I'll want one even more. Things are kinda tight right now, so I'll be putting the idea of a new bow, on the back shelf for now. By the time I'm ready to buy, there'll be even new models out with later and even greater advances.

Old 08-27-2006, 03:25 PM
Typical Buck

Shooting the new bows is what hooked me. They are just superior to the older bow I have. So smooth and fast! I love the trykon, switchback, and tribute. Especially the tribute
Old 08-27-2006, 06:54 PM
Dominant Buck

You don't mean this little toy do you?????
http://libertyarchery.com/
Old 08-27-2006, 07:18 PM

I gotta agree with David. I love the feel of the darton maverick and it's a sweet shooter.I bought a used Bowtech patriot 2 years ago and let my son shoot it.I'm gonna make myself shoot the patriot this year,it is a little faster but I think I prefer the cam and a 1/2 draw cycle and feel.dartons are highly under rated.But guess who has the patent on the cam and 1/2 and the binary cam

I had a high country supreme "back in the day" that was a speed demon for it's time.Killed aton of deer with it.

CB
Old 08-27-2006, 07:49 PM

Does anybody know how old a wooden(yes wooden) compound bow would be. I believe it is by martin. My dad has one and was just wondering
Old 08-28-2006, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

THanks david
im pretty sure thats the bow hes talkin about. Is there any other company besides liberty making bows like this?
Old 08-28-2006, 12:53 PM

Granted I didn't read all the replies, so what I've got to say may have already been mentioned somewhere along the lines.

Your question, are the $1000 bows (fully rigged) worth it? Simply put, yes. As you've noticed, we've come a long way in just the last few years as far as technological improvements go. Compared to the bows of yester-year, we're a very spoiled group of hunters. Are they worth the money? Absolutely.

Now, as to which company to go with and which models to check out. The best advice anyone can give you is to just bite the bullet and go to a pro shop and try as many different bows out as you can. I've mentioned it in several threads recently, but as far as manufacturers and their products go these days, its all personal preference. Bowtech, Mathews, Hoyt, Martin, Darton, PSE, High Country... They all make great equipment and I would be more than happy to own a bow from any of those companies. I shoot a Martin right now because at the time I bought it, it fit in my price range and felt the best to me. You need to just go try out some bows in your price range and go with what feels best to you.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:11 PM

Maybe he's talking about the"Bladerunner ISO-Force"? Ithas a 26" A2A

Quick Reply: old compounds...new compounds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.