Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting...

Old 08-26-2006, 08:41 PM

Default Hunting...

What is your favorite part about hunting. I know for me its getting up before daylight and getting up in my stand and waiting for the woods to come alive. I dont know of a word to describe whats it like.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:42 PM

Default RE: Hunting...

Heaven
Old 08-26-2006, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Aliveness, Is that a word?
Old 08-26-2006, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Serenity?
Old 08-26-2006, 08:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Contentment
Old 08-26-2006, 08:54 PM

Honestly sitting in the stand is the best sleep I have ever had. Also just watching mother nature come alive in the morning is just.........yeh. there are no words for it.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:02 PM

What is my favorite part of hunting.....

I have many but....

I love watching the sun come up in the morning, seeing that first deer of the day walking down a trail towards your stand, waiting for that deer to step behind that one tree that will allow you to take your first draw of the season.

Shooting or not, I love that first draw.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:29 PM
Fork Horn

For me it is just being total undetected so I can watch everything in its natural setting, like I was just a part of it. From the sunrise to the deer walking by you at 10 yrds and having no idea you are there.
There isn't a word to describe it.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would have to say getting away from everything and being in the woods. Just sitting there by yourself and being able to think. I also love getting to watch the animals without them knowing you are there...
Old 08-26-2006, 10:35 PM

My FAVORITE part? Shooting a deer w/ my bow. That's my favorite. I do, however, love every aspect of hunting. Waking to a crisp, frosty morning, starting the coffee, joking w/ my friends over that first cup of French Vanilla Cremed black gold. Walking to my stand in the dark, climbing my tree......and falling back asleep! I love that part....LOL....

I truely enjoy beating the elements. Not everyone can sit 25 ft up a tree when the thermometer is in the single digits. Not just everyone can sit in that tree on a cold, raining, what some would consider a miserable November morning. Put me in a tree on the nastiest day of the year, and I smile from ear to ear, just knowing I pulled it off.

Quick Reply: Hunting...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.