Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The Big 3, I'd own any of them plus the BOWMENDER! >

The Big 3, I'd own any of them plus the BOWMENDER!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Big 3, I'd own any of them plus the BOWMENDER!

Old 08-26-2006, 08:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default The Big 3, I'd own any of them plus the BOWMENDER!

You know, we were talking today. We just can't understand how any one could come into a forum and proclaim their bow as number one and denounce anyone else's bow. It's rediculous and unnecessary. I was priveledge today to have a Trykon (Q2INWHITETAILS), a Switchback (tkycaller) and an Allegiance, (my own) in my back yard and shooting perfectly. Imagine, all three bows shooting perfectly....all very quiet, all very accurate and all pretty much....perfect in the hands of the owners.

I'd be honored to own any of the three in my back yard today. I'd also be honored or welcome anyone else who shoots any other bow to join me. I don't care what you bow you use, use it to the best of your ability and don't call it junk, and don't call mine junk or his junk or theirs junk. A bow is a bow is a bow and I had to laugh when I said to my wife, look at this picture it's really neat, there's a Bowtech, a Hoyt and a Mathews....she said and I quote, " so, they all look alike anyway"....LOL she's right, they are bows and they are awesome.

Tkycaller came up to have me reserve his cable around his bottom cam...I'm surprised the Mathews cam wore out his serving and a pro shop said they all do that...Hmm, do they all do that?

Anyway, we had a great time. I showed tkycaller and Q2INWHITETAILS how to back serve etc...we added a G5 Blue Peep to the Switchback, laser/level tuned and had him shooting darts to pinpoint accuracy....tkycaller already shot my Allegiance before and I said, have you shot the Trykon and his reply was no....of course he loved the Switchback....3 shots out of the Trykon and he had 3 arrows touch...I laughed and said you shoot that bow better than you do the Switchback...we all laughed and talked smack...bottom line guys, it's us against the antis, not us against us....love they bowhunting neighbor.

I picked on tkycaller seen in the red shirt....I said I'd mention all three bows but then say......" But look at the one we had to put in the press and fix..." LOL

Q2INWHITETAILS took the pic.

Oh, and the Bowmender Press from Walks with a Gimp...PRICELESS!!!!!!!

Old 08-26-2006, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The Big 3, I'd own any of them plus the BOWMENDER!

Right on Rob.
I was glad to have the oppurtunity to shoot the Trykon today and your right I did shoot it better than my own!!! LOL
But I still like the switchback because of the ease of the rollover and I will shoot it just as well as the other two now that it is tuned again.
If I could get used to that rollover on the Hoyt I might be tempted to...No never mind.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:49 PM

Sounds like you guys had a good time. That bowmender press is sweet...I'd buy one if WWAG still made them.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

I just received my Bowmender last week, get ahold of WWAG...
Old 08-26-2006, 09:38 PM

Rob I really wish I lived closer, I'd come out there and show you that nothing beats a Martin!

Haha, kidding of course.

These days I'd be happy to own just about any bow on the market. Every "big" company around these days manufactures great bows, its all about personal preference.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:55 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot a mathews and probably always will, why? Because my first quality bow I bought and actually spent a fair amount of money on was a mathews mq1, i liked shot it well so I bought a q2xl and have shot that since and when I get a bug up my tail and buy a new one I'll buy a mathews. Just because that's what I prefer, no other reason.
With saying all that I could buy any of those three or any of the other 10 plus good quality bows on the market and shoot probably 90% of them well, just a guess. They are all great bows now, there's not much junk out there if you put a fair amount of cash out for a bow.

Old 08-27-2006, 02:12 AM
Host of Hosts

bottom line guys, it's us against the antis, not us against us....love they bowhunting neighbor.

Rob you deserve one of those little awards at the bottom of this post. Especially the last line. I know most of the ribbing on the forums is in good clean fun, but some guys just are terrible when it comes to bow loyalty.

Especially the Mathews Guys
Old 08-27-2006, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Old 08-27-2006, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great thread and a big AMEN!!

Old 08-27-2006, 07:49 AM
Fork Horn

Rob,
I agree with your post. I was shooting last night with my family. We had Mathews, Parker, PSE, and High Country represented. What matters is enjoying shooting/hunting. Iwas wondering about the G5 peep you installed in the Mathews bow. Does it still have the factory string and if so did it work pretty well? I was thinking about putting one in my XT and getting away from the tubing.

Quick Reply: The Big 3, I'd own any of them plus the BOWMENDER!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.