Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 most hated tv hunting scenario >

most hated tv hunting scenario

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

most hated tv hunting scenario

Old 08-26-2006, 08:32 PM

Default RE: most hated tv hunting scenario

ORIGINAL: tmcj

ORIGINAL: jhtrapper

ORIGINAL: tmcj

ok, it's kind of a skew from the 'most hated phrases' thread, but this really got under my skin.

the worst... half a dozen guys in a pickup truck drive into an area where they know there are bears frequently. they set loose a few dogs which get on the bear's trail and chase it down and tree it. the dogs are barking wildly, which is the cue for the 'hunters' to leave the truck. all these people go walking into the woods in their blue jeans or shorts and follow the dogs barking sounds. they find this bear up a tree, and some dude shoots it with his bow and watches it fall to the ground then goes and claims it. and of course it was just an awesome hunt and such a challenge and the guy is so happy and proud of his first bow-kill bear.
why do they even allow things like this to air as 'hunting shows'???
Ok, first of all tmcj, Have you ever hunted bears with hounds? But before you read the rest it only applys if you wish to get rid of hunting with hounds, every one has an opion and thats fine with me. I myself have NOT hunted bears with hound so I will not discriminate against it but even if I did I still would not, no matter what. I figure it like this, what if the anti's were succesful at getting rid of hunting with hounds would you be happy?if so do you think they would stop there? next would be the rifle hunters, next the muzzle loaders and finnaly bow hunters. Would you be happy then? I know that I sure wouldn't. Now don't get me wrong bow hunting is the most challenging of all but that dosen't mean that bow hunters should be against other hunters, we are all hunters thats, that. Its like saying I'm better then you.
Others have talked about hunting mt. lions with hounds so let me ask this have you every seen a mt. lion in the wild in the season? I haven't and I don't think I ever will. Mt. lions kill alot of game each year just to survive and worst of all alot of the kills are bucks that are tired from the rut, so they must be controlled.
Although I completly agree with Rob/PA Bowyer, Copper31, atlasman, atlasman and the comments they made.
I am a proud trapper,hunter, fisherman and overall outdoorsman and as long as it is legal I will be for it and if I ever got the chance I would hunt bears with hounds or over bait, and mt. lions with hounds. Remember its not about doing somthing the hardest way or getting that record book animal although it is a great bonus but it is realy about being in the outdoors and having fun with the time you have.
sorry bud, but the scenario i gave, and many others that were given, is not 'hunting'. you might as well go to the zoo, pick out your game in it's cage, and blow it away. i guess you could call your search a 'hunt', but you will not earn any respect from me or anyone that i hunt with as a 'hunter'.
You still didn't answer my ? have you ever used hounds?I now a kid that hunted with hounds for 6 days and after they ran into old tracks, tracks that ended up leading no where and following the dogs for many miles they finnaly got a bear and buy no means was it a "record book animal" but the smile on his face told it all. As I said the stuff that I wrote only aplied if you wish to get rid of hunting with hounds. As far as earning your respect, I do not wish to make myself apear anything that I am not, I AM A HUNTER and if our defination of that is differen't than ok. And to be truthful with you I just like being in the outdoors, if I didn't why would I have hunted nearly two mounths for elk only to see a couple and miss a perfict brodside shot and keep going at it. I am buy no means a great hunter I just love to be in the outdoors no matter what I'm doing.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:00 PM
Fork Horn

I dont watch any of them, because they do not deal with the reality 99% of us hunt in.

I am holding out for a show or video called:

"Huntin Pub-Lick Land"

I want too see how the "celeb host" deals with 2 Ya-hoos walking in on you 30 minutes before dark, ripping open a cardboard box and dumping out all the pieces of a ladder stand on the ground, even thogh You arewistling/yelling at them.

I want too see how the "celeb host" deals with watching 3 deer browse there way towards him, just as 25 rabbit dogs come ripping through the woods with 5 old geezers on there tail yelling. AHH BOYY, GITTER BOY, RRRABBIT, RRRRRABBBBBIT, AHHH BOY, AHHH BOY AHHH BOY AHHH BOY.

I want too see how the "celeb host" deals with The perfect setup, the wind is perfect after waiting a week, then 10 minutes before dark a father/young son walk up to your tree and say "see anything ??", "Thats a neet stand (climber), can You run it up and down and showMy boyhow it works ???"

And the list goes on.

Slack
Old 08-26-2006, 09:40 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with all the most hated I've read on here, but the one that drives me the most insane is the bow hunt where they take the inexperienced guy put him in the tree and he gets a shot and everyone can see its a horrible shot either gut shot or spines the deer and he drops or neck shoots him and they jump up and down and say things like great shot. I know everyone makes mistakes I know I have and they usually make me sick not jump up and down. Man up and admit you made a bad shot and got lucky to find your deer and don't lie and say he only went 100 yrds with and arrow in his guts.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:47 PM

Where I live many people hunt with bear dogs and I have come to find out that it is just an excuse to buy a case of beer and go arround drinking and driving all day. We are not allowed to bait bears and I have spent 5 years bow hunting in prime bear hunting territory only to have killed one bear but I guarantee my time spent in the tree was much more appreciated than time spent in a pick up drinking Millwakees Best.

But as long as it is legal I say have at it just don't come to me with your hound stories and expect me to be impressed.

As far as the Hunting shows on TV I have a pretty good friend who sells footage to two different shows and some of the deceptive stories are amazing. I won't go into them here but let me just say don't believe everything you see.

This guy also tells me that he has been in campat the same time as the Knight and Hale guys on two different occasionsand he says you will never meet two more down to earth and honest guys and based on some things he has told me I find these guys to be very reputable
Old 08-28-2006, 12:24 AM
Fork Horn

IF YOU WANT A REAL HUNTING SHOW WATCH FITZGERLAD OUTDOORS. THIS FATHER SON DUO ARE TRUE REDNECKS AND HUNT IN THE MOST UNORTHADOX WAYS....LIKE REAL PEOPLE. AND THEY AALWAYS THANK GOD AND ARE APPRECIATIVE OF EACH AND EVAERY DEER. LAST WEEK THEY WENT BOWHUNTING FOR WOODCHUCKS...AND ATE THEM!PRIMOS ALSO IS AS CLOSE TO THE REAL DEAL AS YOU'LL GET FROM THE HUNTING VIDEO INDUSTRY WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE CLEANED UP RECOVERY SCENES..
Old 08-28-2006, 06:09 AM

I hate it when they say ,... This is the last few minuets of the last day of our hunt the last day of the season with the last bit of sunlight on the last day of winter in the last place you least expect it ... Blah Blah Blah..... we all know they shot that deer on the first day on the hunt two weeks beofre the season on a land owners permit....
Old 08-28-2006, 11:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

"Huntin Pub-Lick Land"
They have one. It's called Eastmans Hunting Journal. These guys specialize in Western hunting and do it all on public land with absolutely no fences.They aren't always successful (even on TV)and when they are successfulthey don't always shoot the biggest animals but they actually hunt.

I hate the fact that 99% of these shows are nothing more than advertisements. Things like..."Man, this TC encore sure did a number on this ole buck".... Like any other 300 Win mag wouldn't have worked. [&:]

Or... Man this new Mathews swithcback XT sure smoked him... Like the same arrow shot from another bow would hve just quit flying before it got to the deer.

I watched one show and the narrator said...... 'Joe Blow' placed his NAP spitfire tipped, NAP quick spin fletched, Mossy Oak obsession camoed, Easton axis arrow, that was shot from his Mathews Switchback XT perfectly through the deers chest.
GIVE ME A HUGE FRIGGIN BREAK!!!!!! [:@][:@][:@][:@]
Old 08-28-2006, 01:09 PM
Typical Buck

That ^ might be the thing I hate the most also. They're like 20 yds away and shoot a deer with a TC Omega and say, "yep, that ole omage really did him in". What kills me is I have an omega and love it, but it does'nt reallly kill any better than my 100$ wind river mag did.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

"Huntin Pub-Lick Land"
They have one. It's called Eastmans Hunting Journal. These guys specialize in Western hunting and do it all on public land with absolutely no fences.They aren't always successful (even on TV)and when they are successfulthey don't always shoot the biggest animals but they actually hunt.

I hate the fact that 99% of these shows are nothing more than advertisements. Things like..."Man, this TC encore sure did a number on this ole buck".... Like any other 300 Win mag wouldn't have worked. [&:]

Or... Man this new Mathews swithcback XT sure smoked him... Like the same arrow shot from another bow would hve just quit flying before it got to the deer.

I watched one show and the narrator said...... 'Joe Blow' placed his NAP spitfire tipped, NAP quick spin fletched, Mossy Oak obsession camoed, Easton axis arrow, that was shot from his Mathews Switchback XT perfectly through the deers chest.
GIVE ME A HUGE FRIGGIN BREAK!!!!!! [:@][:@][:@][:@]
Sounds like NASCAR[&:]
Old 08-28-2006, 01:53 PM
Fork Horn

I love hunting and love to watch it but to me it just isn't what i call real hunting. I hunt in MS and I hunt a ton of public land where we hunt very hard to see a 15 inch buck. Most hunts they have they may see 3 150 class deer at once.

I also don't like how fake they act.

We are all hunters and have a passion for hunting. I won't put you down for what you hunt for or with, or where you hunt. Well I won't put you down as long as you are doing legal hunting.

Quick Reply: most hated tv hunting scenario

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.