Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 need tree stand recommendation based on my stats >

need tree stand recommendation based on my stats

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

need tree stand recommendation based on my stats

Old 08-23-2006, 08:02 PM

Default need tree stand recommendation based on my stats

I'm a little dude at 5'3 120 lbs soI need a climbing stand that weighs no more than low 20's (lighter the better)The stand has to be comfortable because Isometimes sit dawn to dusk. The stand must also have a track record for reliability and longevity as well as ease of use. In addition I want to be able to climb a wide range oftrees with regard to trunk diameter.My price range is under $250

Please help if you can. Thank you.

Old 08-23-2006, 08:06 PM

Default RE: need tree stand recommendation based on my stats

Summit Viper. 240, and a great stand.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:12 PM

Check out the lonewolf climbers. There sit and climb is only 17.5 lbs. It looks to be very comfortable too. They are a little more pricey but you get a very nice stand.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:18 PM
Typical Buck

viper go to dick 169 for a great stand

Old 08-23-2006, 08:29 PM

OL Man tree stands just made a come back. They have a new aluminum stand that weighs 17lbs and I think it's under $250. I've had a steel Ol Man for 8 yrs and it's safe, quiet and reliable.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:14 PM

summit viper series... you can't go wrong with a summit stand
Old 08-24-2006, 01:21 AM

lone wolf alhpa sit and climb 350$
Old 08-24-2006, 05:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like my hunters view climbing hawkits not bad to lug around on your back and climb with, I love it, im getting the summit climbing stirrups for it real soon. Is the most comfortable stand I have ever bought, and i paid 100.00 in wally world. its safe, reliable and sturdy, how study, sturdy enough to hold my 240lb fat @55.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mentioned this before... I'm trying a new one this year. Got it based on what I've come to desirehaving used one for years and notgetting what I need out of the ones I've used.It's the Northstar treecat archer. Have preformed mock hunting situations with it,packed it, and even packed it using a mountain bike, something I plan on doing this year. It all worked out well.Will climb big to small trees and will adjust to tree diameter up to 7"'s with just a squeeze of the hand. Uses wider belts that stay in shape and don't hang up on the tree. Is a sit and stand climber, very easy to use, and requires no stirups or belts for your feet on the base. Very comfortable, and the bar folds under the seat if you want it out of the way. Folds very flat and sets up with just the push of a pin and locks securely. Once in position it has a rope system that always stays attached to it to cinch it up tight and is very easy to use and secure. It is hands down a great deal quieter than any I've used. The only thing it needed is some como-ing up.

Old 08-24-2006, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can't go wrong with a Summit. I have the Goliath, which is a big version of the Viper and love it. EAsy to use, super strong and lightweight.

Quick Reply: need tree stand recommendation based on my stats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.