Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 We are getting a CABELAS >

We are getting a CABELAS

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

We are getting a CABELAS

Old 08-23-2006, 07:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: We are getting a CABELAS

Hey Snook its scheduled to open Sept 22nd! I have never been to a Cabela's! I'm kinda curious!
Old 08-23-2006, 08:02 PM

Nice... I've never been to a Cabelas, but from what I hear it is something else... They are putting one in about an hour away from me in Hooksett, NH. I can't wait.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:18 PM

Thanks BHF! I was told that they were behind schedule on completion. Lets hope you are right. I have been to the store in Prarie Du Chien and it was awesome.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cool. The one they opened in Hamburg , PA the other year is about 20 minutes from my house...Too close (so the wife says)
Old 08-23-2006, 08:27 PM
Fork Horn

I'm jealous. We have a new one in Dallas/Fort Worth area, about 2 1/2 hrs away. Have never been, always just go to the Bass Pro an hr away in Lousiana. Could spend hrs in Bass Pro, I guess you need a whole day for Cabelas
Old 08-23-2006, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its supposed to be at St. Louis Mills mall. Orignally it was to open this fall, but got pushed back. I can't wait till it does open. I will do most of my shopping there.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:38 PM

Its a good thing and a bad thing. Good thing is now you will probably have more of a selection to choose from, and is always a great store to go to. Bad thing is you will never leave that place without buying something. be prepared to spend money whenever you go there, i know i always do
Old 08-23-2006, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm pretty sure I'd win the 'Closest to Cabelas' contest. They just built one less then a mile from my house. This is not a good thing people. we joke, but it's really not. at least for my town. my city council gave away the farm and cabelas doesn't pay property taxes for the next 17 years. Plus, if cabelas sells part of the land they bought the company they sell it to also does not pay property tax (that was news to my wonderful city council!). besides not getting money from them the traffic problems created by cabelas will change the face of your town. ok, my blood pressure is rising, i'm just glad some of these jokers are up for re-election this year.

Don't even get me started about my cabelas card. argh!

The only good thing is my 3 year old son is there enough to identifiy many animal species and just about all the fish. man, a lot of grown men in that store can't do it.hehe.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:06 PM
Fork Horn

I guess the best thing would be for it to be in a nearby town. Let them deal with the traffic and other headaches
Old 08-23-2006, 09:42 PM
Fork Horn

When did the Cabelas store get back on track for The Mills in STL? Last I had heard the project was shut down and Cabelas was looking in the area of Eureka between Antire Rd and Hwy 109.

Quick Reply: We are getting a CABELAS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.