Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lost another broadhead >

Lost another broadhead

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lost another broadhead

Old 08-22-2006, 07:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default Lost another broadhead

Well I was shooting good. Got out the broadheads tonight to see how they were hitting compared to my field points. I only had 5 muzzys left because last year I threw a shot into a tree. (Nervous[&:]) So I start shooting. First shot is at around 20 yards and wham... Dead center. So I decide to go out to 30 yards. Wham dead center. Alright!!!! I go back to the 20 and decide to aim at the bottom right hand corner of the paper hanging on my target. I THROW THE SHOT!!!!!!! MAN!!!!!!!! Arrow scraps the ground next to the target and I hear it clacking branches going through the woods. I searched for half hour then gave it up. I am so ticked to lose another arrow and another broadhead.

I have 8 left for this year and 4 broadheads. I guess I'll just have to make a few extra trips to the target to retrieve what I have. I don't have the cash to get any new arrows so I hope i'll last the year on what I got. I do have the cash to get some more muzzys.

I'll make do. I only take 3 or 4 to the stand with me anyway.

Just looking for some people to cry to. I imagine some of you know how I feel. Thanks.

Josh
Old 08-22-2006, 07:42 PM

Default RE: Lost another broadhead

dont ya hate it when that happens?
Old 08-22-2006, 07:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yup, grouping broadheads can be dangerous, for the arrows/broadheads..LOL...good luck.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:58 PM

Just be happy it was the target you missed and not some monster bruiser.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:45 PM

I just wanted to say that if you ever have kids around where you shoot, you'd better find it. It'd be horrible if someone accidentally cut their foot open on the blades.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:54 PM

Didn't Muzzy include practice blades with their heads?
Old 08-23-2006, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah I was going to go home early today so I could go find the arrow. Having someone step on it is what I'm worried about. Though I think it is either in water or burried up to the nock in mud. I heard it hit branches and stuff but never heard the final impact of where it went so i believe it is in mud.[&:]
Old 08-23-2006, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ya i did too that dam gopher ran down its hole with my arrow!
Old 08-23-2006, 12:48 PM
Fork Horn

UPDATE: Never found the arrow. I looked for another hour today while no one was home so I could crawl around and not make people wonder. Well all I got for my trouble was about 100 more fresh skeeter bites and a dirty pair of shoes and jeans. Though I scoured all the open fields where children may find it and it was no where to be seen. The grounds crew came through and mowed today so they would have found it if it was in the field. It was either picked up by a grounds keeper or is burried deep in mud. I feel better that no one will accidentally step on it. I feel worse because I did not get my arrow back.[&:][:@]
Old 08-23-2006, 04:37 PM

Similar thing happened to me a couple weekends ago. Camping in the Jemez Mtns here in NM, took my big Block target and was drilling my broadheads @ 40yds in about 4" groups, not bad I am thinking, let's do it again!. 2nd round, 1st arrow, somethin' FUNKY happens when I release- arrow kicks right, last 6" of arrow hits my dropzone rest, wobbles its way down the lane, hits the target and I see the rear of the arrow hit the target and bounce back about 2 feet. What the...?! I go look and there is my Beeman ICS, broken...sigh...almost cried...my #2 arrow dead (#1 got bungled up when my elk fell on it last year...hee hee). Dunno what caused that to happen, have never done that in 5 years of shooting, nor did it happen again after that. Oh well, it hit about 6" low left, might have still been a vitals shot if it'd happened in the field. Hope it doens't tho... Down to 4 arrows now myself. My wife tells me "...you only need one, what's the big deal?" LOL

Quick Reply: Lost another broadhead

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.