Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting a blind the same day as setup???? >

Hunting a blind the same day as setup????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting a blind the same day as setup????

Old 08-22-2006, 05:14 PM

Default Hunting a blind the same day as setup????

Have you guys set up and killed deer from a pop up blind the same day as you set it up?? Were the deer spooked by the "New" object" or were they calm and relaxed if the blind was brushed in well??? I fear that my blind would be stolen if I leave it out for a week prior to the opener.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:17 PM

Default RE: Hunting a blind the same day as setup????

i shot my first deer out of a pop up blind set up in a field in late season
Old 08-22-2006, 05:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yea I use a Double Bull T5 and you know how much they cost so I don't leave my blind out .
When I hunt from my blind I'll set it up and brush it real good using some of the dead fall and other bush to cover it up.
I got a big doe within hours of doing this the same day and she didn't have time to get spooked.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

they get spooked for the first day but you can hunt it a kill em the same day it doesnt matter
Old 08-28-2006, 12:56 AM
Fork Horn

GOOD POST. I HAVE WONDERED THE SAME THING. I HAVED OWNED A DOGHOUSE FOR TWO YEARS AND DID NOT DARE TO USE IT MANY TIMES BECAUSE I WAS AFRAID TO SPOOK THEM.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:02 AM

I hadd a shot on several does at 25 yds within 10 minutes of setting up last year.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:56 AM

If your not in the blind, then your not going to get a shot there. Try it and see how it goes. I think as long as your blind's outline is broken up then the deer would be ok with it being there? I don't have any experience with blinds though. JMO
Old 08-28-2006, 06:20 AM
Dominant Buck

I do it all the time , once they figure out that the new object isn't gonna eat them they usually relax and go back to foraging .
Old 08-28-2006, 09:54 AM

Brush it in a little at least but mostly you don't want to "stink up" the area.

If they SEE something out of the ordinary they might investigate. If the SMELL something out of the ordinary, and it doesn't smell good, they'll vacate!
Old 08-28-2006, 10:59 AM

I hunt on private land, but it's 600 miles from where I live so I can't set-up more than a day or two before I hunt. Last season I left for NY early in the evening and arrived at about 4:30AM (much to the dismay of my friend, who was at a bachelor's party the night before). After a nap Ishowered with scentfree soap, put on my exscent underwear and camo with rubber boots and latex gloves,gotmy blind and my scents and set out to prepare for the next morning's hunt. I set up just inside a treelinebetween a pond anda field that had been sown in oats and undersown in alfalfa, brushed in my blind, made two mock scrapes, and walkedthe half-mile back to the house (staying just inside the treeline) dragging an unscented tampon soaked in estrus doe urine on a 12 foot cord. I saw a few rubs and one huge scrape (which I put dominant buck urine in and around)about100 yards from the blind. I was in the blind the next morning about 1 1/2 hours before light, and saw several does and two young bucks inside my bowrange (40 yards) that morning. Because I had eight more days to hunt I passed on everything. When I left the blind at noon, I noticed a new scrape right behind the blind and saw that my scrapes had been all torn up. Naturally, I decided toskip lunch and stay in the blind. About 30 minutes before dark, a huge drop-tine ten-point came out of the woods from the pond and started up the ridge to check his scrapes. Unfortunately, acouple does were also in the area and he got busy chasing them soI never did get a shot, but I had no doubt that the deer were unfazed by the blind. I'd like to tell you I arrowed that buck later in the week, but I didn't...I did get a nice eight-point though!

Quick Reply: Hunting a blind the same day as setup????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.