Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Nikon Monarchs.... >

Nikon Monarchs....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Nikon Monarchs....

Old 08-21-2006, 01:52 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Nikon Monarchs....

I've been in the market for a set of binoculars for a while.....and I know what some of you are gonna say....lol...(figure out what you want to spend.....then double it).

Anyways.....I looked at a pair of Nikon Monarchs.....and I think they'll suffice for what I want to use them for (all around use....from hunting to outdoor concerts....to ....anything). I typically hunt the woods.....so I wouldn't be looking over vast plains or anything like that. They woul dmostly be utilized for scouting....and for when I hunt in VA at my friends' lease (8 point min.).

Does anyone have any experience with these binoculars.....or know where I might get a deal on them? I'm thinking 8x42.

Thanks!

Jeff
Old 08-21-2006, 02:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Nikon Monarchs....

I don't have there bino's but I do have a couple of there scopes. I think they have great optics in them and a good coating system on the scopes anyway. I don't know what the price of the ones you are looking at is, but I also think the alaskan guide sereisfrom cabela's is a good optic. 8x42 are around 500$ and are great IMO.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff, I went through your exact quest last year and ended up with the Nikon Monarch ATBs; I'd just heard too many good things about them from every review. They were consistently scoring just under the $1,000+ binos in head-to-head comparisions.

I went with the 10x42's... Most bowhunters recommend 8x's, but I've loved my 10s... If I happen to sit out on a field edge, I think it gives me that much more "reaching" power to scrutinize stuff..
Old 08-21-2006, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got them after comparing Leupold Cascades, and Alpens. I shoot a lot of 3D and plan to eventually end up at some IBO events, and that limits you to 8.5x, so I got the 8x42's. I hear now that Vortex has some good stuff too and I may try them out someday. I would love a 12x42 pair for local 3D events and hunting.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:59 PM

I originally had bushnell trophys i think that cost about $175 then last year they broke so i spent $350 on the monach 10 x 42 and boy can i tell you these things are crystal clear.

I got mine in a gander mountain and told the guy what type of bushnell i had (now i know they weren't the top of the line bushnells) but when i brought those Nikon to my eyes i could clearly rear a sign all the way across the store that i could not make out with the same power bushnells. I think they are great and by the way my lens cap came off and after esnding them back to california to fix (no charge) i got them back in a week.

can't complain.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't know anything about the Monarch but I have a pair of Steiner preditors that I really like. If I had to do it over again I would have gotten the Steiner Merlins. Check them both out. I think they are pretty tough to beat on clarity.

Tom
Old 08-22-2006, 07:51 AM
Dominant Buck

Greg...Salcucco...Rick...rock:

I appreciate your responses.....and I've been looking around the net for a good price. I can buy them for $262 (8x42 in realtree). Should I just go ahead and jump on this?

Does anyone have a line on them that may be cheaper?

Thanks again for all of your responses.

Jeff
Old 08-22-2006, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think I paid $320 or something like that for my Nikons last year... Sounds like a good deal.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:09 AM
Fork Horn

http://www.swfa.com/c-646-nikon-monarch-atb-binoculars.aspx

usually pretty reasonalbe on binos and scopes, so I'd say you're getting a deal
Old 08-22-2006, 08:09 AM

I just bought a pair of them and I really love them.

Quick Reply: Nikon Monarchs....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.