Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 If you were to pass one tip on to the next generation.... >

If you were to pass one tip on to the next generation....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If you were to pass one tip on to the next generation....

Old 08-19-2006, 06:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: If you were to pass one tip on to the next generation....

As they all said, patience, practice, ethics and to enjoy the great outdoors. Just sitting in the woods as the sun comes out and to listen to nature come to life is one of the greatest experiences ever. When I was younger we took my friend out with us. His parents weren't into the outdoor/nature scene so he never went out hunting. To this day, he always comments about the first few minutes when all thewildlife woke up and made the woods come to life. Just one of the true marvels of mother nature.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:42 AM
Typical Buck

Iagree with everyone else. I also think that you have to respect the animal,and land.treat the woods like it was your own and learn as much as you can about the animal your hunting.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

My tip get them online at www.huntingnet.com and let them see that as a group, hunters come together, to help each other.

Also,that as they mature, the ethics, andlessons, learned in the woods will help them be confident and successful in daily life. Love, Patience and Respect will help them carry themselves with pride and flourish in everything they do..

Wow did that sound mushy....I'm turning into a fricking softy & it's all my kids fault..lol

Old 08-19-2006, 07:59 AM

GOOD JOB ALL I like all the posts. SOME good ideas to pass on to my kids.
THANKS
Old 08-19-2006, 08:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Continue to get someone else involved in hunting. As time passes our hunting community is getting holder, our numbers are dwindling, keep our heritage alive by getting others involved as well.

And our old tried and true on these forums which I'm surprised someone else didn't mention already...."what is legal isn't necessarily ethical and what is illegal isn't necessarily, unethical". First and foremost, respect the game and keep your hunts in accordance to ethics and righteous.

The animal does not belong to you until it's on the ground.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great topic Sunset! All the responses have been great!
For me once the basics of safety and ethics were ingrained it would be to enjoy the beauty of the outdoors.I hope they would be so lucky that their soul yearns for it like mine does! Nature truly has it all,beauty,serenity,excitement,the entire package!
Old 08-19-2006, 11:09 AM
Typical Buck

Great posts, guys. I agree with most, especially Cougar Mag and Zim. Enjoy every minute and experience you can in nature. And the way things seem to be headed, you might want a good paying job to be able to get a few minutes.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:03 PM

Its not all about the kill, respect nature and enjoy what it haves to offers
Old 08-19-2006, 12:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

My advice would be to protect our hunting heritage by keeping a clean image, teaching others about hunting, and support all aspects of hunting with an open mind. Just because it is a type of hunting you would never do (Dogs, baiting, etc) do not tear down anothers way of legally hunting.
Old 08-19-2006, 02:04 PM

SAFETY, SAFETY, SAFETY. Keep all your gear in top notch shape and always use your safety gear.

Quick Reply: If you were to pass one tip on to the next generation....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.