Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Good
15.38%
Neutral
38.46%
Bad
46.15%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Zebra Stings

Old 08-17-2006, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Zebra Stings

Please choose what your experience with Zebra strings has been. If it was bad please describe why and what strings you use now.

Thanks

Tom
Old 08-17-2006, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Zebra Stings

just over priced if you ask me i can get custom strings that costs me 50 dollars shipped cables and all but i cant say anything bad about them
Old 08-17-2006, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Considering all the hype they get and most of the results I've seen I consider them the junk of the industry. I replace them ASAP and would never even consider them as replacements. That's what Gibblet is for.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

If my memory serves me, I had zebra zs twist strings that came stock with my bow. I left them on there forabout 3years, at least, and took a pile of deer using it. Of course, I don't spend much time target shooting and I don't do any competitive shooting, I just hunt - a lot. So I'd doubt that it got 200 shots per year on it. All my free time goes into scouting with 4-5 afternoonsshooting my broadheads and making sure that everything is in working order.

I think the Zebra string is what I had on my bow when I dropped it, too. It took a 25-foot freefall into the ground, landing squarely on the camand the string never frayed or broke.

After a few years ofrarely waxing the string and weeks of hanging in the tree exposed to frost/snow/rain/heat, it started to fray and I replaced it with something new one over theoff-season. It wasn't that bad, but I just like to be 100% sure, so Ihad my buddy make mea newset of strings and cables.

I never had any issues with stretching or strands breaking, and trust me when I say that I don't baby my bow, and I have it maxed out onweight (76-78#).

So I guess I'd give the zebra string a good review for hunting purposes. It never failed me.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:47 PM

I have seen some Zebras that were very good while others have sucked. Sadly the strings are not as good as their bows. I just don't get the fact they can't seem to get the quality & low stretch that other companies are getting.