Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 any body ever hunt chester ca >

any body ever hunt chester ca

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

any body ever hunt chester ca

Old 08-15-2006, 02:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default any body ever hunt chester ca

Im gin on my archery only hunt this weekend, i live in eureka ca and a friend and me are going to drive 5 hours to chester, 2 hours outside of redding. Has any one ever hunted this area if so what are the odds for a good buck ( muley if im not mis-taking)

Old 08-15-2006, 04:35 PM
Spike

Default RE: any body ever hunt chester ca

I've lived in CA for 5 years now, and I still have yet to hunt out here. I am such a lazy bastard. I was spoiled living back east where I could hunt within 30 minutes of my house. There's no such thing as a day trip hunt from Santa Monica. I really need to get off my ass and make it happen.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have not hunted there, i hunt on the west side of I5, but my grandfather has told me about it and the monster bucks id did hold....good to see that you got your C4 tag to hunt that....they sold many less this year...as usual for blacktail hunt early and late and focus on food and water for this time of year and you should see some...good luck...
Old 08-15-2006, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Deerhunter 518,
I lived in Eureka, CA for 3 years. We killed a lot of deer on the farms in Ferndale. The farmers were very willing to grant permission and the deer were thick along the Eel River. The hunting is a lot cooler and closer than the National Forests. I can probably dig up a couple of old permission slips if you need a name.
KW