Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Took my Goliath for a test-climb!!! >

Took my Goliath for a test-climb!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Took my Goliath for a test-climb!!!

Old 08-13-2006, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Took my Goliath for a test-climb!!!

Today I finally took out my new Summit Goliath SS for a test climb. This was my first time in any sort of climber and I was quite nervous to tell the truth. I wasn't sure what to expect, whether plummeting to the ground at the fault of loose bark, or being stuck 2 feet off the ground because i couldn't climb! Well, all went well. I am super impressed with this stand. Rock solid and super quiet. i'm a big dude (6'10", 350+) and the stand never made the slightest noise of protest. I went up and down the tree a few times, not too high, maybe 10 feet, but it is alot of fun to do and very easy. I would HIGHLY recommend this stand to anyone looking for a climber. Summit hit a home run with this one!
Old 08-13-2006, 01:07 PM

Default RE: Took my Goliath for a test-climb!!!

Glad you like it. Those Summits are the bomb! How do you like the Summit Skin? I was looking at it the other day, and I fear the cleats on our boots will tear that stuff off of there in no time.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

The SUmmit skin is pretty cool, very high definition camo on it. Actually, your boots don't touch it hardly at all because it goes on the bottom of the platform and most of the surfaces that are facing the ground. I was worried about that as well, but since it is on the bottom (as I found out after putting three strips on the top) you won't havea problem. The instructions as to where it goes are a little weak though. The skin really deadens the noise. I would highly recommend it.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:14 PM

All of theones I saw at BassPro had it on top of the platform, where we would stand....hmmm.......

At any rate, it does quiet things down, eh? That's good to know. I've been considering getting some for my Viper, so I was curious.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, it is made for the bottom, but it is a little tough to tell that from the pictures in the directions but if you look close and actually read them, it says to put it on the bottom. WIth the skin on, there is no clack of metal, just kinda of a dull "thud" noise if you drop something or hit something on it, like a buckle on your rope or something. And, it just makes the stand look really cool, which is always a plus!