Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Look forward to it every year! >

Look forward to it every year!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Look forward to it every year!

Old 08-12-2006, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Look forward to it every year!

Beautiful summer day, cold beer, strap over an open fire. Love seeing the kids enjoy the meal and remembering the hunts that gave us the main course, thinking about the hunts to come.

People ask why I hunt, I wish I could take them inside me so they could understand why. It's days like today I would show them. They wouldn't be able to speak but an expression of understanding would come to their face and they would smile as if to say, I understand now.

The six year old is calling me, my little gingersnap. "Come on daddy, time to make somemores". Just one of those days that makes meadmit, I couldn't ask for more.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:08 PM

Default RE: Look forward to it every year!

ATTA BOY, nodog!!! That, right there, is what it's all about. In fact, we did much the same thing today. My son's b-day, so we bbq'd and shot bows most of the day. Don't get much better!

Glad you had a super day, and hope you have many, many more!!
Old 08-12-2006, 05:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

It was one of those most beautiful days, in fact I too enjoyed much the same thing only without the children....I had the new puppy tho.....Really enjoyed the day, even tinkered with the new Bowtech making tweeks here and there on a pefectly tuned shooting machine...I just can't stop tinkering..lol
Old 08-12-2006, 09:09 PM
Typical Buck

Thats awesome man1 I can't wait to have kids. Of course I havent even got married yet. But I think it will be the best days of my life. Sounds like you had a great day.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

We'd like to never stop having them Anthony, but age creeps up fast (we couldn't have kids for a long time and then the dam broke.) Looking forward to grand kids.

Puppy's

It's is a great deal what it's all about Mo. Left overs with fresh eggs aint far behind.When I'm gone from home for a while, on stand from dark to dark, freezing, I think of these days.

This strap came from some deer taken on a hunt in Va. with my brother who lives there.It was a great time. He had scouted out the place and picked some dandy spots. We ended the hunt next to each other and I saw the master picka 9 pointer apart. What a rush that was.We have more hunts planed for this year that are filled with great expectations.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:36 AM

What a nice post....thanks for sharing your day.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:42 AM

ORIGINAL: nodog

Beautiful summer day, cold beer, strap over an open fire. Love seeing the kids enjoy the meal and remembering the hunts that gave us the main course, thinking about the hunts to come.

People ask why I hunt, I wish I could take them inside me so they could understand why. It's days like today I would show them. They wouldn't be able to speak but an expression of understanding would come to their face and they would smile as if to say, I understand now.

The six year old is calling me, my little gingersnap. "Come on daddy, time to make somemores". Just one of those days that makes meadmit, I couldn't ask for more.

What a GREAT post.

I feel the exact same way..........I wish more people understood that. If they did they would never ask me why I hunt.

I get more joy and satisfaction from a single day like you mentioned then I would from a lifetime of staring at antlers on the wall.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:28 AM
Typical Buck

What parts of Va. do you hunt man? I am in smyth Co. I usually hunt some good private land and sometimes hunt Pine Mountain, and Brushy Mountain, which are national forest. Theres some awesome hunting in Va. if you can get apart from the hunting pressure. I look for Va. hunting to get better by the year.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:36 AM
Dominant Buck

This is a great post.....

I heard a gentleman from "across the pond", last year.....when he was on a red stag hunt explain it better than I'd ever heard it explained.....when the interviewer asked him "why do you hunt?".

He said...(and I'll paraphrase)...that he would rather think....why DON'T people hunt. It has been, since the beginning of time, aningrained in man. It's something we've done....to survive.....and it's a primal instinct that he sees falling by the wayside.

I know I'd feel like LESS of a man if I couldn't recall the experiences I'vebeen blessed to live.....and I have NO WAY of expressing how much they mean to me. They're part of me. I have never felt more spiritual than when I'm in God's back yard....or on his "pond". If I could wish one thing for my son......it would be that he will tell me, someday, .......that he "gets it".THAT will be a great day!

Again.....GREAT post!

Jeff
Old 08-14-2006, 10:04 AM
Fork Horn

*sniff, sniff*... that's... beautiful man....

[8D]seriously though, you're 100% right. THAT is what it is all about.

Quick Reply: Look forward to it every year!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.