Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I'm puking at all the new "hunters" >

I'm puking at all the new "hunters"

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I'm puking at all the new "hunters"

Old 08-10-2006, 09:42 PM

Default I'm puking at all the new "hunters"

Since starting night shifts 3 weeks ago I've been watchin a sportsmans channel all night, every night, and what do I see ? A bunch of shows on high fenced areas, shooting deer over grain piles, shooting expotics on "game ranches" etc

Its pathetic. And they are taking young people and "initiating" them into hunting ? That aint hunting !

One last night was a kid in a big elevated tree house kind of thing, and I swear there were 20 different species walking around eating the corn on the ground, he shoots an axis, and the other animals pretty much stand around and watch. A guy drives up in a big double cab Ford and the animals move out of the way not unlike cattle do.

Gawd it was terrible, and its on every night it seems.

A few shows are still good, even though they hunt really prime areas with fences etc, the animals are still wild. Primos still comes across as hunting wild to me, but many of these other fools ?

I don't think we need them. I think we as a hunting communtiy are better off without them. If thats what we as a hunting communtiy have to do to keep the sport alive .............. then its already dead [:'(]
Old 08-10-2006, 09:54 PM

Default RE: I'm puking at all the new "hunters"

I agree with you 100%. it's almost sickening. We could definately do without them.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Typical Buck

Wally Dallenbach has to be the worse. He hunts elk and such that act like cattle. Some of the shows are on private ranches that have fences, but also have wild animals. You can tell the difference though.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:15 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Haha. I was going to post something on this topic after watching Dallenbach's show this evening. He went to a trophy ranch in Decatur City, Iowa. It is right next to Garden Grove where the Kisky's place is. These are near some public land I hunt there. Anyway, the show explained how the ranch owner has trophy genetic breeder bucks, and they let loose the fawn offspring out on the ranch to be hunted. I believe free range. Dallenbach got in a blind the first day and had at least 3 mega bucks walk right by, going to feed or water. These bucks were 160",190"+, and the 180" he shot.In the videothe 190"+ walked within 50 yards of his blind (he was gun hunting), and Wally explains to the camera that he can't afford that particular buck, so he has to pass. Another more wealthy hunterwill be in camp soon, and he is sure that fella can afford that buck. It was quite the show to watch.

While they were cleaning and taking pictures of the 180" buck, the 190"+ was shown watching them from the edge of the woods! No kidding!

I have only subscribed to the Comcast Sportsman's channel upgrade for 2 months and am getting pretty overwhelmed by all these shows. I think OLN and a few other stations offer enough hunting programs for me to get by, and I expect to downgrade my cable to basic soon. I just don't need that much outdoors for the extra $$$.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:29 PM
Typical Buck

Yup, thats what Im talking about. He said it was watching them the whole time. He should have walked up and hand fed it!

Lol...also, I just seen barta killing pigs with a knife. There was a song playing. It was something like...you da man. barta, you da man! My gosh he is such an egomaniac! I'd like to just get into a fistfight with him to see what he's got He kills me.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:55 PM

what is coming of our beloved sport ?
Old 08-10-2006, 11:18 PM
Typical Buck

The TV hunting is best where it's at...on TVI'm not into that style. The drurys, primos, knight&hale, and roger raglin are the last of the best IMO. I'm glad I dont have to stoop to the levels of some of those guys. I can't see the thrill in it though.
Oh yea, gettin close is just awesome.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:35 AM
Typical Buck

U forgot gettin close, I wish my wife was into that as much as that babe....
Old 08-11-2006, 01:49 AM
Typical Buck

Maybe I should start a show where I just videotape the slaughterhouses butchering cows. Wow, that would be quite the sport.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

And here i thought we were all in this forum to show our support and try to help fellow hunters!--GUYS!,If you're not for hunting inEVERY form you are against it--Cripes,go back and read what has been said so far here,IT SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING FROM PETA![:'(]

Quick Reply: I'm puking at all the new "hunters"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.