" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anybody bowhunt Racoons >

Anybody bowhunt Racoons

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anybody bowhunt Racoons

Old 08-10-2006, 02:22 PM

Default Anybody bowhunt Racoons

if so let me know how you do it if different they i do
Old 08-10-2006, 02:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anybody bowhunt Racoons

I never actually went out hunting racoons specifically, but I have been known to nail a few of them with a bow.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:28 PM
Dominant Buck

I almost shot one, last year......he was in the tree beside me.....and was looking like he was heading my way. If I hadn't been worried what my landowner would think about seeing an arrow TWENTY FEET IN A TREE.....I might have let him have it.

Jeff

And then there were those two fightingthat made me almost sh&t my pants on the way down the driveway in the dark, one morning.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Racoons are my nemisis. After being chased by them on two separate occasions, one of which i counted 7 of them, i have very little mercy for coons. Although usually i let them go past cause i see them near the time i expect to see deer.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

I never actually went out hunting racoons specifically, but I have been known to nail a few of them with a bow.
I hear that! Them punks sometimes walk up to my corn feeder when I'm in stand...and I've also been known to shoot "at" them. Whether that's the type of "coon hunting" you're talking about, I doubt it. Nonetheless there's a dead coon laying around.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:47 PM

I have shot one once from my stand for no reason. I actually tried to eat it(not a good idea).
Old 08-10-2006, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is a new video out called "Verminators, Bowmania" and in it, they call and take coyote, bobcat, and coon, all with the bow. It's an awesome video!
And on edit, they use electronic calls with "fighting coon" sounds to pull them out of the trees, in the middle of the afternoon!
Old 08-10-2006, 04:35 PM

I hunted this fella hard for 2 nights, then, finally, he couldnt resist the corn crib anymore. I know I know, it was over bait, unethical I am, dang me, but he made book

Old 08-10-2006, 05:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

22 since last year. Not all with a bow. They are filth vermin. Don't let anyone tell you different. Lost a bunch of chickens and declared war. Thought I had it under control after the first 3. Little did I know. They breed like rats.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:48 PM

I havent ever shot one with a bow but we used to do a lot of coon hunting. It wouldnt be rare to end up with 10 to 15 a night. Wow that was a lot of fun.

Quick Reply: Anybody bowhunt Racoons

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.