Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Noisey Trykon

Old 08-08-2006, 09:49 PM

Default Noisey Trykon

Finally got my Trykon Saturday...and its NOISEY!! The bow shoots great, but the string is making alot of racket. I've heard switching to a better string will make it quiet again. Anyone else have this problem?

If I can remember right, the trykon is the only hoytwith the Fuse string, and the only new hoyt that makes this much noise.

Kinda wish I woulda kept my Outback
Old 08-09-2006, 05:13 AM
Banned

Default RE: Noisey Trykon

Rubber cat whiskers; works like a charm. See the originalposters 1st and last response. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1624993

HCH

Old 08-09-2006, 08:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Two things you can do that work or better yet, do them both. Put 4 or 5 twists in your string and cables, retune the bow and add whiskers to the string, your bow will be whisper quiet.

I was shooting a Trykon last evening that did the same thing, I told him how to take care of it. I only put twists in the Trykon I have and it's whisper quiet....
Old 08-15-2006, 11:46 PM

lude the string
Old 08-15-2006, 11:52 PM
Typical Buck

Please tell me what Lude is????????????[:-]
Old 08-15-2006, 11:59 PM
Fork Horn

Had the same problem after about 50 shots. I did what hardcorehunter did and put on rubber cat whiskers and it is silent now.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:10 AM
Fork Horn

Muckland,The wayPrimos posts perhaps he hastaken one or two or three too many "ludes" in his life..
Old 08-21-2006, 05:09 AM

I work at a Hoyt dealership and I incountered a Trykon with alot of what I callstring twang. When the string was plucked, it was rather loud and a vibration could be felt in the grip for an extended period of time. To cure this I removed the Fuse silencers and installed Sting Leaches. It made a world of difference. It had minimal string twang and no vibration in the grip.

Give the String Leaches a try!

WVHILLBILLYJLM
Old 08-21-2006, 03:24 PM

That's been a fairly consistent problem we've had w/ the Trykons we've sold this year as well. Rob nailed it. A few twists in the string, or ditch the StringShox and install whiskers. That's actually what we do, is install the whiskers.

I don't know why, but the StringShox work EXCELLENT on every bow we've put them on.....except the Trykon. Got something to do w/ the limb tips, I think.....dunno though.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:32 PM

I ended up putting 2 twists in the string and putting the leeches on in place of the fuse StringShox. My bow is MUCH more quiet now! Thanks guys!!

Quick Reply: Noisey Trykon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.