Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 A little magazine help??? Please... >

A little magazine help??? Please...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A little magazine help??? Please...

Old 08-08-2006, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default A little magazine help??? Please...

OK, here's the deal: I promised a fellow board member who was interested in the urine study which has been cited and written about in one of the prominent bowhunting mags that I would find it for him and tell him which issue it's in.

Problem is, I've got about five years' worth of magazines in Bowhunter and Petersen's Bowhunting, as well as four years' worth of Bowhunting World -- plus about fifty other assorted mags like Deer & Deer Hunting and Bow & Arrow Hunting.

My hope is that someone here remembers reading about that study and they only subscribe to one of those magazines, and can tell me which one it is; that would shorten my workload of going through all them tremendously.

I did find some neat back issues as I was sorting them into different piles though, including Tiffany Profant's first cover and an in-depth feature on Myles Keller. I also found a HuntingNet.com MAGAZINE! Can't remember how I came across that. It's Volume 3, Number 2 in the Spring of 2001. Looks like Todd Graf was the publisher and Bill Winke was the editor. Pretty cool! Hmmm... looking at the masthead, it says it's published annually.

Anyway... Anyone remember which magazine the article was in?
Old 08-08-2006, 08:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: A little magazine help??? Please...

Greg, I'm pretty sure I'm the one that has been posting that study if your refering to the one with scrapes using buck urine, human urine, doe urine and new car smell....

If that's the one, it was in Bowhunter magazine....and I bet I have the copy but I'd have to look through too many issues to find it....and it was many, many years ago.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:52 PM

OH yeah.....that was in Cosmopolitan, August 2004.

[/align][/align]Good luck. Hope you find it. That stuff is always interesting.[/align]
Old 08-08-2006, 08:55 PM

theres a good article in bowhunteronline magof this year it called
Whitetail Vocalizations
by T.R. Michels run a search on it youll get it
Old 08-08-2006, 09:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rob, that's the one... I cited it as well when discussing the "do you pee off your stand?" thread... I can see the article in my mind; just can't remember which mag it was in.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well there ya go, BOWHUNTER, great minds think alike or forget alike...lol good luck and reply if you actually find the article, that'll save me looking through mine to reread it...lol
Old 08-09-2006, 04:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Everything any serious hunter needs to know can be found in "Buck Peterson's complete guide to deer hunting". Many on this site would benefit from it's wealth of knowledge. Subjects just like this are discussed.

Here's a link for you serious hunters.

http://books.google.com/books?id=qTYZTb5qiL4C&dq=Buck+Peterson%27s+com plete+guide+to+deer+hunting&pg=PA1&ots=H1V N5Ri8s3&sig=TFLYC81Hm1c-YP5pJ7u088s3XVs&prev=http://www.google.com/search%3Fsourceid%3Dnavclient%26ie%3DUTF-8%26rls%3DGWYA,GWYA:2005-44,GWYA:en%26q%3DBuck%2BPeterson%27s%2Bcomplete%2B guide%2Bto%2Bdeer%2Bhunting&sa=X&oi=print& amp;ct=result&cd=1