Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The old saying... "Se= Sells" is in... >

The old saying... "Se= Sells" is in...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The old saying... "Se= Sells" is in...

Old 08-06-2006, 11:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Default The old saying... "Se= Sells" is in...

... at least it seems that way. Why is that. If I were in a work place and suggested what this add does, I'd be fired. BUT, to sell a product they give it this name and a hottie holding hands with a man. I know, it's her husband supposedly, but really.....Too much. They just can't push this girl enough can they.

Old 08-06-2006, 11:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: The old saying... "Se= Sells" is in...

I'm an admitted Tiffany fan, but... I saw that cover a while back while contemplating how to buy one more DVD this year and not have the wife kick me out of the house , but I really didn't think anything that bad about it. I really took it to be a picture of a loving coule sharing a moment at the end of a great day in the outdoors.

As my wife would say, they look "in synch" with each other, and "in tune" to the moment. Mabye I'm too jaded by seeing too much blatant stuff out there, but I just didn't see it on this one.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:33 AM
Site Buck Guru

I'm not a fan of theirs. I prefer the Drury bro's.

Actually, I've just recently started watching a lot of hunting shows on TV. It just isn't working for me because 99% of them are...... Oh, here comes one.... it's a buck!....... a shooter!...... you on him?....BANG!! I like it when they show you the sign, the reason for the setup, the day and month, you know, a whole hunt. Something where you could actually learn something.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

David,
I think Greg/MO summed it up perfectly, but I will add this. My wife and I watch that show together every week. She really enjoys the fact that it is filmed a little differently from most of the others. We both enjoy seeing a couple who are in love and enjoying the outdoors together. My kids watch it with us and I have never felt the need to make them leave the room as I have with countless other shows on t.v. these days. God forbid they watch a young couple having fun hunting together and, here comes the controversial part, occasionally showing affection towards each other.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:44 AM

I think the cover is fine and the show it great. Much better angle of a marreid couple showthen the other married couple show out there.

I think it is just the coolest thing ever to see them just doing what they love and having fun together.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't think they"show off"Tiffany in any type of bad way. She's out there working hard with her hubby and the rest of the guys. They have an entertaining show, and one that can show other girls that its ok for a girl to head out in the woods. Plus in this day and age, seeing a young married couple look happy is a rare thing.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:52 AM

I do not see anything wrong or overly sexual about that cover?

I take it you do not shoot a Martin Bow?

At least they show Tiffany hunting,she's not just "window dressing" for the show.
I have never seen one of their show where she was dressed sexy,unless you consider camo as sexy.
I do not know them but they seem to be nice people.
I think they actually do a good job of not playing the sex card.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:03 AM

Hence the name, "Gett'n Close"

Like the others have said, a couple doing what they love with the ones they love being with.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't think she is really all that anyway. An average looking girl with some make-up is all she is.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:43 AM

I agree with the others. They have not played the sex card what so ever. They have gone about showing the good things that couples can experience with a hunting life style. Them holding hands dressed head to toe in camo with turkeys slung over there back does not apply sex at all. If Tiffany was useing sex to sell, she's be in a itty bitty bikini with a big rack deer on a cover.

Quick Reply: The old saying... "Se= Sells" is in...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.