Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Just Chrono'd my XT >

Just Chrono'd my XT

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just Chrono'd my XT

Old 08-06-2006, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default Just Chrono'd my XT

Does this seem reasonable? Here are my #'s

[ul][*]Switchback XT @ 30" drawlength[*]60 #[*]I am shooting a peep sight with a tube[*]I have string leeches installed[*]Maxima 350's @ 29 5/8" long (not counting field point)[*]100 grain field points[*]with this setup I got 251 fps max[*]I maxed it out at 72 # and got 271 fps[*]I shot one of my super carbon 55/70's and it added 8fps[/ul]
I can shoot the added draw weight but I am more comfortable and more accurate at the lower draw weight. I really wanted to use the maximas but they seem heavy. Maybe I should have got the 250 Maximas?? Should I be happy with the 251 ? It is super quiet and accurate out to 40 yds.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:12 PM

Default RE: Just Chrono'd my XT

Nevermind. Thought I just heard Greg walk in........
Old 08-06-2006, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

if you have a accurate scale to measure your arrow weight, if not get the GPI of your arrows and that will give you a good estimate, then calculate your KE online, goldtip's website has a calculator that shows your KE in a chart w/ the recomended amounts for game type. Im sure 250 is plenty... if you feel like turning it up more maybe add just a few pounds every couple weeks and you wont notice the change all that much.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:14 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot 250's out of my AR31 at 286fps!
Old 08-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

It is super quiet and accurate out to 40 yds.
If you are shooting well, and it seems fast enough and you are happy with it, I say leave it alone. Thats why I don't shoot through chronys.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yup, that's about right....I found the XT slower than the regular Switchback.

The Switchback is a great bow, quiet, smooth but the smoothness makes for a slower bow than many others. It's the aggressive cams of the other bows which makes them faster but perhaps not quite as smooth to draw....Of the 4 bows I shot researching my newest purchase the Switchback was the slowest of the 4 which also included the Allegiance, Tribute and Trykon.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Me too. After a trip to the pro shop to have it retuned because of the string stretching. I am getting 256.

My stats:
[ul][*]draw 28"[*]tube on peep[*]Easton axis 400 arrows at 27"[*]100 grain tips[*]65#[*]blazer vanes (2")[*]Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter drop away rest[*]Switchback XT[/ul]
Old 08-06-2006, 08:08 PM

i took my tribute to lady that want sell anything but mathews and she said this bow has a smooth draw cycle. 61lb and 28 inch draw to get 299-300fps is pretty impressing. shoot my buddies xt smoothes thing i ever draw and let it go and i could tell the difference in the bowtech binary technology i could feel that one cam on the xt doing all the work, that's the only reason i didn't buy xt just tried of one cam been shooting them since my 1998 pearson spoiler.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:18 PM
Typical Buck

id be highly disappointed with that speed. where did all you money go into that purchase...the quiteness??? i believe that there needs to be a full cycle, a nice balance...speed, quite, accurate and smooth. I don't want any of that messing.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:28 PM

taking that tube peep off will probably add 3-5 fps if im not mistaken seems kinda weird with a bow that good why yall would want a huge rubber band aimed straight at your eye when you could use a peep without it.

Quick Reply: Just Chrono'd my XT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.