Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Huge!!!!!

Old 08-02-2006, 11:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default Huge!!!!!

Hello everyone this is a set of whitetail antlers that I found a couple years ago here in Oklahomaand I am just know getting around to putting them on this site.. What do you think they will score???

Old 08-03-2006, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Huge!!!!!

Since they're sheds they'd be hard to score accurately. You have no way of knowing the inside spread,they need to be attached to the skull for that.anestimate to within 3-4" is possible. I don't have enough experience to tell but he looks like he'll go over150
Old 08-03-2006, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Those babies are dark for sheds, but they are huge no doubt about that. There is a club that now measures sheds and keeps track of the scores. Off the top of my head I don't recall what they go by.

Put a tape on them yourself and it will give you a rough estimate as to the answer your looking for. It is really very basic and easy to do.

Give him a conservative 19 inch inside spread and let us know what numbers you come up with.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:11 AM

If I were guesing, Id say probably in the150s gross, depending on the spread.I dont know if there are mulies in Ok, but it sure looks like one to me. Nice sheds.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are you sure those are from a whitetail? If you look at them and especially the G2s they are far more characteristic of a muley than a whitetail. What part of Oklahoma did you find them?
Old 08-03-2006, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kcison

Are you sure those are from a whitetail? If you look at them and especially the G2s they are far more characteristic of a muley than a whitetail. What part of Oklahoma did you find them?
I was thinking the same thing. They look pretty close to a muley to me
Old 08-03-2006, 09:58 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys I honestly don't know if they are mulie or whitetail, When I found them I thought mulie but I have never seen or heard of anyone seeing a mulie in the wild here in central Oklahoma And alot of the mulies i have seen had little or no brow tines.. But I don't know thats why I am asking you guys..
Old 08-03-2006, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm thinking the same those have to be mulie antlers. I'd say they score well into the 150's as sheds, with a spread maybe 170's.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:00 PM

The Northeast Big Buck Club ( http://www.bigbuckclub.com ) has a category for sheds. They use a standard spread figure like 18" or something.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Worst case they could be a hybrid....I don't know about mulies in OK but those dark antlers, forked G2's...but your right, mulies and brow point..don't know...I'd put them as mulie sheds before I would whitetail but I'm not that familiar with the area you found them.

Quick Reply: Huge!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.