Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Toxonic Bowsight >

Toxonic Bowsight

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Toxonic Bowsight

Old 08-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default Toxonic Bowsight

I am in the market for a decent, reasonably priced bowsight. I was exploring the verticle pin designs such as Trophy Ridge but there was a considerable gap between the pin and the fiber optic strand lending itself to being snagged by brush and breaking. I was impressed with the Toxonics horizonal 3-pin bowsight as the brightness was good and the fiber optic strand was well protected by a groove in the back of each pin. Any thoughts on this bowsight?
Old 08-02-2006, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Toxonic Bowsight

I bought a Copper John a few weeks ago...but I stood in the isle at Bass Pro and looked/studied over about every sight there.

I really liked the Toxonics. They looked like the brightest pins to me. What turned me off was the rainbow looking coils of optic on the right side of the sights. I figured I couldn't take the ridicule of being called a sissy and a pansy because of my rainbow sights.

Honestly, that's the only reason why I didn't go ahead and get the Toxonics. Man are those pins bright.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:24 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks, FroMan. I am a 6'7'' 240# retired state police officer and I gave a long hard look at that brightly colored coil myself. I had walked halfway to the checkout counter with it and took it back and hung it up.......but it sure has purty bright pins!
Old 08-02-2006, 01:32 PM
Typical Buck

I have used my toxonics sights for 7 or 8 years now and I love them. No problems picking up your pins in low light. My sight does not have the pretty coils however, it just has straight pins.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

I guess I'm a pansy then cause I bought them and love them.Really doesn't matter to me about the rainbow coils.Whatever functions good to me works regardless of how it looks.If you do decide to go with the Toxonics I think you will be pleased.
A pansy huh?
James
Old 08-02-2006, 02:24 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-02-2006, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't say if you have a Toxonics sight you're a pansy...

I said my friends probably woulda never let me hear the end of it.

Maybe I should get some new friends? lol
Old 08-02-2006, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was looking at the Toxonics a couple weeks back. Looks like a very durable sight but I chose the Cobra Radiant. Seems to be a tad brighter and had a very convenient lite that came on it for the days when I hunt from a blind/tent. I am happy with my choice and like the sight..
BUT, if the Toxonics would have had the same type of light system I would have bought it instead, good sight.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:46 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-02-2006, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not a demon, your a demon.. [8D] J/K

I know they offer one but I like the fact that the Cobra came with one and I like the way it sits above the wraps of fiber optic.
Both very very good sights.. Ditched the TR vertical for this one.
ORIGINAL: bamahuntress

DemonIL,

You can get a light for the Toxonics... the retailer you were at probably just didn't ahve them in stock. In fact, the retailer I went to didn't either but I know they make them because I've seen them in the catalog.

bri

Quick Reply: Toxonic Bowsight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.