Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 bow stance question >

bow stance question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bow stance question

Old 08-01-2006, 07:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default bow stance question

is there any site to help teach you all the proper things about shooting like stance arm posistion posture etc. or if you would rather just explain that would work too. pictures would also be very nice. thanks guys.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: bow stance question

The best way duckdog132 is to post a pic of yourself at full draw but be prepared to take the criticism....
Old 08-01-2006, 07:51 PM

I have a book, Core Archery I would part w/ for a small price. It explains stance and form very well. If you don't want mine, that's fine. Find a copy and read it.

Rob's right on, but be forewarned, it can get kinda brutal...[&:]
Old 08-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Typical Buck

i can handle it. here is a pic from last week. critisize away

Old 08-01-2006, 07:54 PM
Typical Buck

i will get some of my whole body tomorrow
Old 08-01-2006, 08:06 PM

Loosen the grip on the bow, pull your hips square, (the front is leaning forward) open your stance up a bit, and relax your bow arm a touch.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

I feel your also over drawn on your bow, one reason why your bow arm is way too straight. I'm not sure if it's more than an inch tho....your stance is very closed, perhaps open it a bit as well.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:13 PM
Fork Horn

Mobowhunter hit it on the head.The one thing that is very obvious is that it looks like your arm is so straight your elbow is locked. Let your elbow come out a little and relax your arm.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:45 PM
Dominant Buck

HIs arm is locked because his draw length is TOO LONG. No doubt about it. Your shooting would improve tremdously if it were about an inch shorter it looks. Start with 1/2 inch and go from there. It'll feel odd for about a day if you do it in 1/2 increments. Arm locked, leaning back... TOO TOO LONG. Too much palm in the bow yada yada yada. My pro shop would fix you up in about one visit. Get the tip of that finger off the trigger. All the above make it impossible to use back tension and get a really crisp surprise shot off. You trigger it everytime. Then some day you'll start punching the shot. Then some day you'll get target panic and start shooting on the move. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh the misery of it all.[&:]
Old 08-01-2006, 08:53 PM
Typical Buck

yeah davidmilbut your bow shop is a far cry from where i am (illinois..lol) to much palm.. how should it be? and if not the tip on the trigger what should on the triger?

Quick Reply: bow stance question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.