Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

STS PROBLEMS

Old 07-31-2006, 09:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default STS PROBLEMS

Bought a rear mount STS last week and installed it on my bow. Got everything all tuned in and took my first shot. Made a world of difference on the quietness. No slap and eliminated a lot of vibration. The next shot the EDS stopper pops off! I think "ok must not be centered up just right."
I put it back on and make sure it is deadnuts centered and barely touching the string. Draw back and release and the friggin stopper flies off and disappears. Haven't been able to find it!! After spending $40 bucks on a rubber stopper, an aluminum rod, and an aluminum rod housing that will not keep the set screw tight on the rod, I am just a tad disappointed. I mailed STS Sunday but have not heard back as of yet.

Anyone else had any problems with theirs? If I can get another EDS stopper I am going to glue it on and try it one more time. It worked great while it lasted!
Old 07-31-2006, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: STS PROBLEMS

I had the same problem. I ended up wrapping the rod with black tape to increase the diameter. Seemed to work for me, but I got some erractic flight with my arrows, so took mine off. I just didn't have confidence in my shot flight this close to season, so I might give it another whirl after season. It did quiet the bow down, but just didn't like the other side effects.

Kelly
Old 08-01-2006, 01:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks, for the info, I was thinking about the STS, but not now....... thought it looked like another gimmick and if you have to adapt it or wrap tape, etc, then why buy it.......sorry you had bad luck! [:'(]
Old 08-01-2006, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've had no problems with mine other than the set screw coming loose once. I tightened it up and its been fine since. And a hugh difference in noise.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

My STS made a huge difference as well, Ive had no problems w/ the stopper coming off. The set screw came loose once cause i forgot to tighten it really good. But other than that, Its a great product. My bow is 50-60% quiter, absolute 0 vibration/hand shock, Not to mention it gave me about 4 fps on my arrow speed. Sorry you had a bad apple, im sure STS will take care of you. I would recommend the STS to anyone.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I mailed STS Sunday but have not heard back as of yet.

Pick up the phone.

(The IBO World Championships are this week and they might be there or on their way?)
Old 08-01-2006, 09:43 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntingEd

My STS made a huge difference as well, Ive had no problems w/ the stopper coming off. The set screw came loose once cause i forgot to tighten it really good. But other than that, Its a great product. My bow is 50-60% quiter, absolute 0 vibration/hand shock, Not to mention it gave me about 4 fps on my arrow speed. Sorry you had a bad apple, im sure STS will take care of you. I would recommend the STS to anyone.
how can the sts effect the arrow speed?
Old 08-01-2006, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

It stops your string dead. Whereas it would normally continue forward of the rest point (hence why you get wrist slap) While it travels forward, it slows down quickly because it is fighting agains the cams. For a certain amount of this travel the nock is still attached to the string, thus the arrow is slowed down.

Hopefully that helps, let me know if you need more clarification.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:15 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntingEd

It stops your string dead. Whereas it would normally continue forward of the rest point (hence why you get wrist slap) While it travels forward, it slows down quickly because it is fighting agains the cams. For a certain amount of this travel the nock is still attached to the string, thus the arrow is slowed down.

Hopefully that helps, let me know if you need more clarification.
now you said that your arrow slowed down, before you said it gave you an extra 4fps of speed? which is it? slower or faster? i don't understand.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

the arrow slows down when the string travels forward of the rest point. but with the STS the string travels forward a lot less. Therefore the arrow will not get slowed as much. So the STS adds speed to the arrow.

Quick Reply: STS PROBLEMS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.