Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Coyotes

Old 07-31-2006, 06:38 PM

Default Coyotes

Just saw 2 coyotes while scouting mybow spot for the upcoming season. Do you think shooting them would alert the deer??? I'm not sure if it would be wise to blast them because i'm sure the deer would know and possibly cross area codes..Do you think it would be o.k. (this was 2 days ago)
Old 07-31-2006, 06:41 PM

Default RE: Coyotes

I've shot coyotes only to shoot a deer within the hour. Deer are alarmed by coyotes, no question. But to them it doesn't matter if they are dead or alive. I see what you mean about the rifle blast, though. Solution. Bow shoot the coyote.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would crush a coyote whenever I get the oppurtunity! The only thing I hate more than a coyote is a BROWNS fan! I have had coyotes come in on me during a rattling session and scared three nice bucks off before and I hate what they do to the bird populations not to mention fawns!
Old 07-31-2006, 07:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Shoot them when ever you have the chance. You maybe sorry you didn't 2 days ago. My brother and I huntsome of thesame patchs together and both shot deer within hours of each other. They really can't tell where the shot comes from.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yea, when comes to coyotes kill'em all the deer will thank you for it and when they come around shoot them too.

Old 07-31-2006, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

mine are overgrown here look like german shepards and i will shoot them no matter what dont want my dogs to get tore up by one
Old 07-31-2006, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

They won't mind the blast this far in advance of the season,even during the season fall turkey season is at the same time as archery in wis. and they won't move. They'll just wait. They'll forget really soon
Old 07-31-2006, 08:21 PM

I would verminize those coyotes I think that it wouldnt make a difference with the deer season is a little while away yet.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:27 PM

Blast the fools!!!
Old 07-31-2006, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

As long as the deer arent close a rifle blast wont scare them i have shot a yote and jumped and deer bedded aftera 100 yard walk so no the blast dont scare them much unless close

Quick Reply: Coyotes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.