Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hoyt people

Old 07-26-2006, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default hoyt people

any one ever use hoyt viper tech xt1000. had this bow for a year now and wanted to see what others thought of it. any comments good and bad are wanted please. if you changed. please specify why
thanks Jeff Smith
Old 07-26-2006, 07:07 PM

Default RE: hoyt people

I shoot one! and I dont have any major faults with it.
Ive been bow hunting for only three years. I took two deer and three hogs with it 05 deer season the hogs are pest but good practice and pretty good table fare.
The bow is a little on the noisy side if you dont use cat whiskers, or a least mine is!
Its ideal for hunting out of a tree stand IMHO. I get about 273 fps out of it with my beman ics arrows with a 29.5 draw length at about 65lbs draw weight.
Now you have me curious as to your inquiry.

squirreldog
Old 07-26-2006, 07:22 PM
Typical Buck

no serious reason just courious is all.just seems like everyone is going to bowtech now adays. and i didnt know if i was behind the time or if people are still using them now that they are out of production. i love mine.no problems at all with it so far. im getting 286fps at 68 pounds.

Old 07-26-2006, 07:40 PM

thatsplenty quick enouph IMHO what kind of arrow do you shoot!
I got a Bowtech Defender this year also an 05 model I like it a lot, but I dont think its any better than my ViperTech and ViseVersa so far I shoot both equally well. I dont think you are behind times with your ViperTech, because its out of production, I think the Trykon is the big hype right now with the parallel limbs (or ever how you spell it)lol. I thinkthe vipertechwas the most parallel design they had untill now.
Other than getting bored and just wanting a backup bow is the only reason that I got the bowtech although it is nice.lol

Old 07-26-2006, 07:56 PM

I don't own one, but my best friend does. I've shot it several times and it's simply awesome. Not sure what else to say about it.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:32 PM
Typical Buck

to the people who have shot one . are some of the points you like about it you didnt with others. this was my my third bow ever. first was a black bear(that was a joke)and the second being a pse nova so this was a huge step up and the difference was tremendous but i didnt know if it gotmuch better. i just started really getting into bow hunting and comp shooting . and im getting addicted now. im sure it will be like when i started shootingsporting clays in compitions.start out with one gun and three choke tubes and end up with a a room full of reloaders, guns andacceseries that im noteven surehow they help but bought any ways because i thought i needed them..lol.
Jeff
Old 07-26-2006, 09:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

my best friend owns one as well. I really like it, and he loves it. It shoots very well for him and he has take lots of animals with it.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

One of my best friends and huntin' buddies shoots a ViperTEC and he loves the machine. It shoots like a dream, it's smooth and it's very quiet. Just a GREAT all around bowhunting rig. It was one of my favorite rigs UNTIL I had the chance to shoot the TRYKON!
Old 07-28-2006, 08:55 PM
Typical Buck

ANYBODY ELSE
Old 07-28-2006, 09:07 PM
Fork Horn

I traded in a 2003 Ultra-Tec for my Viper tac and have not regretted it at all. I like the short AtA and it is hust a great bow. I have owned 4 Hoyts,1PSE and 1 Mathews in the last 15 years and now I am down to just my Viper tec and my oldest Hoyt Raptor. The only problem I have ever had or really heard anyone else complain about Hoyt is their strings and they have gotten better.
I did shoot a Trykon last week at a friends shop and it is a super sweet bow but don't think I'll change from the Viper Tec this year.

Quick Reply: hoyt people

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.